Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Anyone Replace the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor? How to remove?

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sparkland 
#1 ·
I got an error code indicating pointing to a faulty FPS. I ordered the part and can locate it near the evap canister assembly but cannot figure out how to remove it.

I can disconnect the wiring harness, disconnect the hose but cannot unseat the sensor from the evap assembly. It is hard to see up there but cannot feel a clamp or similar.

Thanks
2012 RTL

#2 ·
I don't get any hits in the FSM for fuel pressure sensor. Got another name for it?

#4 ·
On the part itself, it is labeled "vent pressure sensor", and numbers show tn-499500-0400 for what thats worth.

This weekend was nice weather so decided to revisit this. I ended up removing the skid plate removed the evap assembly completely. As it turns out, there is no way that I could see that you can replace the sensor without removing the whole assembly. There are two small clips that you need to press together. Then, a plastic piece slides out and then you can pop out the sensor. Easy job for the most part.

Replaced the sensor, check engine light is still on but hopefully it will go off soon for good.

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
The part number is 37940-SNA-A01 and its on virtually every single model that the Honda makes, since 2003 (with different part number); same case for Acura. Looking at some videos, similar design is used on other auto makers.

Did you troubleshoot the sensor to see if it is behaving as it should, or even if the power is getting to it?

Edit: Looking at the Shop manual ('06'08), it calls it the FTP sensor. The troubleshooting requires special tools.

#7 ·
The FTP is the fuel tank pressure sensor. These sensors are part of the EVAP system that help detect fuel vapor leaks such as faulty or loose gas caps. These sensors are not Fuel Pressure sensors.
Fuel Pressure sensors are traditionally a pressure sensor in-line with the fuel delivery system and measure the pressure within the fuel delivery line.
I believe your thread title is misleading, and thus our wonder :).

#9 ·
Nothing wrong with that, @john redcorn. I give props to guys for doing their own repairs. Usually it goes smoothly, but once in a while you have to bring in reinforcements. Good work. Hope the check engine light goes out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.