Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Neat. Definitely not after the rock crawling crowd with that ad. I wonder if they will take a little heat for an unsecure dog on the front seat?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Love it... perfect for their target audience...

Reactions: Sparky1386

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Had not seen the clip.

My wife informs me that, for the G1, Ridgeline owners also make up the greatest percentage of dog owners (per capita) among truck owners.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was hoping for a different ending:
1. Quick shot of the calendar pages turning
2. The guy's phone rings
3. RL parked again in front of that same little girl's house (the dog's owner)
4. Dog surrounded by puppies
5. Guy picks up a puppy as girl, her mom, and the dog look on approvingly
-- Fade to black --

I know this will make my daughter cry.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Yea, it's pretty clear who their target audience is .
Not sure why they didn't show him delivering the dog house to the owners as a gift.
Great looking truck though ;)
Surprised the guy wasn't eating a gluten free muffin while sporting a hair bun :grin:

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
I was hoping for a different ending:
1. Quick shot of the calendar pages turning
2. The guy's phone rings
3. RL parked again in front of that same little girl's house (the dog's owner)
4. Dog surrounded by puppies
5. Guy picks up a puppy as girl, her mom, and the dog look on approvingly
-- Fade to black --

I know this will make my daughter cry.
Or

They show the truck still in the driveway at night, then the sun rises, the guy leaves with a big smile on his face >:)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
Had not seen the clip.

My wife informs me that, for the G1, Ridgeline owners also make up the greatest percentage of dog owners (per capita) among truck owners.
That's interesting. How did she get that information?

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
That's interesting. How did she get that information?
She's a high-level marketing exec, an active participant in SMEI (she often gets to critique commercial campaigns before the public sees them), and she occasionally has access to quite a bit of market data.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Surprised the guy wasn't eating a gluten free muffin while sporting a hair bun :grin:
The correct nomenclature is "top knot."
And I think it's as stupid as you do.

I think the ad was for women as the subject matter has absolutely nothing to do with the vehicle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exactly why I've been lurking on here for weeks and had not joined. In my home town it take a 3/4 ton monster tire truck for a HS kid to make it to class apparently or risk being stuck for weeks. I'm at a crossroads: Need a new truck as a daily highway commuter 50 miles rt and twice a month bass boat hauler under 100 rt miles on flat intestate. The new F150 was the truck till I discovered this one by accident and now have to figure out how not to get my butt kicked while at the local gas station AND not get my butt kicked by the college town Honda dealer buying it............and believe me they are selling them...............pretty quick to the Chapel Hill professor crowd that would have given the lady and little girl the truck with the dog just so it didn't get PTSD and just gone and bought another one 4K over sticker.

I'll be asking a lot of naive questions in the very near future.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Exactly why I've been lurking on here for weeks and had not joined. In my home town it take a 3/4 ton monster tire truck for a HS kid to make it to class apparently or risk being stuck for weeks. I'm at a crossroads: Need a new truck as a daily highway commuter 50 miles rt and twice a month bass boat hauler under 100 rt miles on flat intestate. The new F150 was the truck till I discovered this one by accident and now have to figure out how not to get my butt kicked while at the local gas station AND not get my butt kicked by the college town Honda dealer buying it............and believe me they are selling them...............pretty quick to the Chapel Hill professor crowd that would have given the lady and little girl the truck with the dog just so it didn't get PTSD and just gone and bought another one 4K over sticker.

ask away. Many people with the new G2 will be glad to help and those without a new G2 will also be glad to help (me). If we don't know the answers, we can make them up! >:)

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts

Hello neighbor. I didn't realize that if you live in Haw River, you have to commute by 3/4 ton pick-em-up. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm in your neighborhood. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts