Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a well maintained RTL in the $12,000 to $15,000 range. If anyone is within 200 miles of Long Island and looking to sell please send me a PM. I am a previous owner of a RL and know my way around the truck.
Thank You in Advance
Gene

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,914 Posts
Welcome back gene! :act024:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Speed. I really regret trading in my RL. I should have bitten the bullet and kept it along with the new car,

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,914 Posts
Where are you going to keep the RL gene? LI or the lake house in NC? If in NC, you might want to buy a local NC RL. It should be free of rust. Just a thought.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are surprisingly few RL's for sale in NC as in the tri state area. Ridgester pointed out a few within a half hour of my home. I am hoping to score one from a dedicated Ridge owner who could document the service records. Oddly enough my bank, Chase, who I have all my accounts with will only issue a loan if the vehicle is bought through a dealer. Maybe the market will open up a bit more when the new ones hit the dealers. For lack of a better word I am flabbergasted at the price of a new truck. Ridgelines included

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,078 Posts
Mine is probably still in the $10-11k retail range, but I won't be selling it any time soon. You're probably going to find a 2007-08 RTL/RTS in that price range with 100-120k miles. You may even get lucky and find a 2009+ RT or RTS, too. As you said, the key is finding one with good service history. Fluids are easy enough to change. I'd change all of the fluids right away regardless of the supposed maintenance history just to set a baseline. The biggest thing is to ensure the timing belt service has been done on a RL of that age and mileage. If it hasn't been done, you can negotiate that service into the price of the truck. Being that it's $700-1200 or so depending on which dealer does it, it can be a real pain to the wallet. Best of luck in your search!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts