Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the thread "Hack the nav - enable trip computer and AC" where CSIMO mentioned that the only way to access the trip computer is via the voice command "trip computer". (I haven't tried this myself yet, but I can't wait to get home & give it a try.) Has anyone else experimented with commands or stumbled onto any that aren't documented?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
fatboy said:
I was reading the thread "Hack the nav - enable trip computer and AC" where CSIMO mentioned that the only way to access the trip computer is via the voice command "trip computer". (I haven't tried this myself yet, but I can't wait to get home & give it a try.) Has anyone else experimented with commands or stumbled onto any that aren't documented?
Fatboy, if that was true, there would be a lot of happy camper on this forum and all the owners of the RL w/ NAV:cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Man if I drove mine to work today I would be out there already testing it. Sure would be nice if it was that easy. My BIL's Garmen will give him top speed, average speed, current speed that I would like to have. Even without those, I wouldn't trade him though. :)

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
479 Posts
Breath heavy, and talk in a sexy tone. That should get you past the security screening! :D :cool: :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
fatboy said:
No, you can't access the trip computer by using the voice command "trip computer" on a stock Ridgeline.

What I was referring to was a non-stock version of the NAV software.

There has been little or no development on the project that I know of. One person involved has been arrested, but not due to work on this project. I do not know his status at this time and it certainly put a wet blanket on any flame to "hack the nav".

-Joe

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
fins2theright said:
Breath heavy, and talk in a sexy tone. That should get you past the security screening! :D :cool: :eek:
fins, you are something...how do you do that? breath heavy, and talk in a sexy tone? trip computer
CSIMO, glad to know you're still around. Really enjoy your posts. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyone ever get angry at the voice recognition? My father has an 04 Acura TL w/NAV & VR, he got mad at it because she was responding with all the wrong things, so he yelled at her and she decided to lower the AC to max (was winter):p Anyway, turns out the mic went bad and Acura replaced it.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We usually find the crossed messages amusing, but there are times they are annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts