Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think the trip computer has been shown to be around 8% off. That's more like 2mpg optimistic for highway mileage.

My GenI's mpg really suffers once I exceed 65 mph. I do think the GenIIs areodynamics on the front are vastly superior to the GenI and agree that the gearing for the V6 is probably better suited for high speed cruising than the outbacks underpowered boxer 4.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thoughts on your choice?

We have been running Subarus for almost two decades and truly love them, currently we have a 2018 3.6 Touring
But after getting rid of our last pickup about a year ago we miss not having a bed
So we've been tossing around the idea of replacing an Outback with a Ridgeline

So does anyone here have any firsthand experience & thoughts on making the swap from OB to RL?

Our driving is typically about:
60% city/highway/mountain blacktop
20% forest service roads
10% desert trails
10% unimproved
From about 5500' up to 10000'

My biggest concern from crawling around them in dealer lots is the clearance and lack of protection
We run F&R skid plates on the OB and scrape, drag them regularly, nothing too crazy but they show scars

I have a 2017 OB (3rd Subaru, 1 wrecked, the other got tired) and a 2019 RL. Love them both. We live at 2,000 feet and venture up to 4,000 some. Lots of snow and ice in our area. I drive Forest Service roads all the time with both. Never have had an issue. I like to play in the snow. If you have good winter tires, you'll have a pretty difficult time getting the RL stuck. I have once in about 2 feet of unplowed snow. I suspect most vehicles would have trouble with that.

I built a skid plate for the RL. 3/16 aluminum. Just a matter of making a pattern and doing a bunch of cutting and drilling. It appears to work great. Total out of pocket...$60.00 plus time. Mileage on the RL is not as I would like, but it is a joy to drive. I wanted to be able to haul things. The Subaru dealer was quite emphatic that you should NOT tow with the Subaru CVT.

Here's the final thought...When we go anywhere, my wife wants to take the RL. Says it is the most comfortable vehicle she's ever been in.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts