Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you did, tell me how it handled, also how far in you went... Also state if there are any off-road tactics I should use and if there are any doozies...

I took my 96' 4Runner 2x4 in, not all the way but a good part in but made sure we went on a sunny day with no chance of rain and hugged the edges of the road.

I'm hoping with the RL I can be less conservative... Any RL folks on Oahu wanna make a trip to Kaena this weekend, thinking Sunday?

- Punch :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I went to Kaena Point a few weeks ago. It was really muddy after some heavy rainfall. My RTL handled with no problems. The only preblem I had was when I went to turn around on this narrow section of the trail- I scratched rear bumper when I backed into a big rock. I think I went about a mile or 2 in the trail from the Waianae side. I also went on the Dillingham Air Base side a too. That side is really bumpy-i bottomed out when i took the wrong path. If you are thinking about going on the Dillingham side-be careful and take your time, keep an eye on the those big crater holes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Old post, but brought back memories. Drove almost brand new Volkswagen bus all the way around in 1977. Boy, pucker factor, but I couldn’t turn around. 3 wheels a couple of times! Ahhh to be so young and dumb! I’d only been on island a few weeks and according to the map there was a road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts