Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Has anyone tried replacing their headrests on a 2009+ Ridgeline with those from another Honda product, or the earlier model Ridgelines?

The 2009+ has a major tilt forward and is not comfortable. Turning them backwards does not appeal to me as in a crash head and neck safety would be compromised.

I was thinking of trying one from an Odyssey, Pilot, or older Ridgeline as the appear they may have less of an angle to them. Anyone already gone down this path or can direct me to a thread? I tried a forum search but was not coming up with anything.

Thanks! :act035:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guys,

Has anyone tried replacing their headrests on a 2009+ Ridgeline with those from another Honda product, or the earlier model Ridgelines?

The 2009+ has a major tilt forward and is not comfortable. Turning them backwards does not appeal to me as in a crash head and neck safety would be compromised.

I was thinking of trying one from an Odyssey, Pilot, or older Ridgeline as the appear they may have less of an angle to them. Anyone already gone down this path or can direct me to a thread? I tried a forum search but was not coming up with anything.

Thanks! :act035:
I could try mine from an 06 Accord :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give it a whirl! :act035: I'm surprised no one has tried this already?!? :act018:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Give it a whirl! :act035: I'm surprised no one has tried this already?!? :act018:
Well it actually fits perfectly...took a picture, now my accord has black leather, so looks a little funny on the gray RL leather

Another thought, what about taking the headrests from the back seats? They look to be a little more straight.

Edit: Sorry the picture is sideways, not sure why it uploaded that way...

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the back headrests do not fit. The posts are more narrow on the back headrests.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it actually fits perfectly...took a picture, now my accord has black leather, so looks a little funny on the gray RL leather

Another thought, what about taking the headrests from the back seats? They look to be a little more straight.

Edit: Sorry the picture is sideways, not sure why it uploaded that way...
Do the accord headrests have less of a slant?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It looks like it, let me see if I can get a good picture of both together

Here is the picture, probably not much better, but when driving in the Accord, I do not notice the head rests tilting forward as much as the RL...maybe it is the style of headrests...plus the Accords are a little smaller (and more firm)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts