Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With a couple of handy software tools for TiVo, it's pretty easy to get the ROC on your TV! Of course, in the interest of our sponsors and host, you must come to the site to post or respond, but for just checking new posts it's great.

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very cool!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow, this should be a feature on the next Ridgeline!

Very cool, thanks for posting!

fins

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is that a series 1 or series 2 TiVo? DirecTiVo? Hacked?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Will this work on the HD direct tv tivo?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lingered_I said:
I've got two series 2 TiVo's - ones a 240 model and the other a 540 - no hacks.
They are both wired to my home network and I have a PC running Galleon which allows you to display all sorts of things. If you have a TiVo it's a must have upgrade in my opinion.
Oh well, I have a series 1 DirecTivo (Sony SAT-60). Looks like Galleon only runs on series 2 units. There isn't a Home Media Option on series 1 units. I am fully hacked however, running TiVoWeb Plus at least with a polished kernel for non scrambled recordings that download to DVD really nicely. 300 Gigs (180 hrs record time) with TurboNet card. CallerID on screen plus streaming to WinDoze Media Player. Mine's not only on the home network, it's available via proxy on the Internet. It's still fun!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kd4z said:
Oh well, I have a series 1 DirecTivo (Sony SAT-60). Looks like Galleon only runs on series 2 units. There isn't a Home Media Option on series 1 units. I am fully hacked however, running TiVoWeb Plus at least with a polished kernel for non scrambled recordings that download to DVD really nicely. 300 Gigs (180 hrs record time) with TurboNet card. CallerID on screen plus streaming to WinDoze Media Player. Mine's not only on the home network, it's available via proxy on the Internet. It's still fun!
Nice! Although I'd consider an early crimbo pressie and get a 40hour Series 2 for $49.99 after rebate and add your 300GB drive to it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I need to try to get this to work again. I have JHMO which is a java implementation of the tivo desktop. My tivo right now is having USB issues in that it dies when moving large files. I can't get the web stuff to work but the pictures work really well.

POST 999 BABY!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
captmiddy said:
I need to try to get this to work again. I have JHMO which is a java implementation of the tivo desktop. My tivo right now is having USB issues in that it dies when moving large files. I can't get the web stuff to work but the pictures work really well.

POST 999 BABY!
Is your TiVo hardwired? I tried wireless and it was terrible, although I might have been asking a lot with 2 PC's, 2 Tivo's and an XBox all wireless. I wired the house and it's been great ever since. I stream Shoutcast radio to one of the TiVo's and it hardly ever drops out.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Is your TiVo hardwired? I tried wireless and it was terrible, although I might have been asking a lot with 2 PC's, 2 Tivo's and an XBox all wireless. I wired the house and it's been great ever since. I stream Shoutcast radio to one of the TiVo's and it hardly ever drops out.
I haven't yet found a good usb ethernet device out there. I got the USB 2 Wireless G device for about $20 after rebates. I wanted to hardwire it like my series 1 is, but have to find a device first. I am probably going to do this now that wireless has crapped out on me three times during one download.

What device are you using to hardwire it? I need to find a USB ethernet device that is supported.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Nice! Although I'd consider an early crimbo pressie and get a 40hour Series 2 for $49.99 after rebate and add your 300GB drive to it.
Yea, I have considered that a few times. I already have 2 other receivers going so I'd have to dump one before this gets out of hand! I guess a good question is can you download the TY files from your series 2 and burn them to normal DVD playable media? (I can)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kd4z said:
Yea, I have considered that a few times. I already have 2 other receivers going so I'd have to dump one before this gets out of hand! I guess a good question is can you download the TY files from your series 2 and burn them to normal DVD playable media? (I can)
There's the Humax TiVo with built in DVD burner. With a regular Series 2, there's the TiVo2Go function to transfer the recordings to your PC, but they are in an altered mpeg format with a .tivo extension. I did read an article about how to recode them and remove the TiVo element. Then they can be burned.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It sounds like I should consider updating my black and white TV with the rabbit ears. Apparently it's no longer the latest technology. But I hate to part with the round screen and the test patterns are really intriguing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don't feel bad I have to do the same thing too. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lingered_I said:
There's the Humax TiVo with built in DVD burner. With a regular Series 2, there's the TiVo2Go function to transfer the recordings to your PC, but they are in an altered mpeg format with a .tivo extension. I did read an article about how to recode them and remove the TiVo element. Then they can be burned.
Yea, I have tried to convert those .tivo files to a more playable standard format and haven't been successful. Sounds like somebody has it figured out. Good to know.

At least my way is free of DRM crap and I get to edit out the commercials before I burn the image. Works out well as I can get over 3 hours of video on 4.7G media.

I'll stick with my first gen TiVo until I bend over and upgrade end to end for Hi Definition.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts