Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great news! This should also solve the issue of carplay not connecting unless I've plugged it in before I started the truck. Your review has convinced me!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You probably already know this but Carplay really sucks down battery life quickly. You may need to take that phone out of your pocket to charge it anyway . . .

·
Registered
61 Posts
You probably already know this but Carplay really sucks down battery life quickly. You may need to take that phone out of your pocket to charge it anyway . . .
I have a qi charging mat it sets on so no worries.

I used an Alpine wireless CarPlay unit in my Tacoma for over a year and no excessive battery drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
cmoschip - Did you get the CPLAY2air or the cheaper one on Amazon. From reading, the big difference seems to be that the CPLAY2air is true plug-n-play while the ones on Amazon need to have an app installed to work. Was yours actually as simple as plugging it in and syncing or did it require additional configuration?

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
cmoschip - Did you get the CPLAY2air or the cheaper one on Amazon. From reading, the big difference seems to be that the CPLAY2air is true plug-n-play while the ones on Amazon need to have an app installed to work. Was yours actually as simple as plugging it in and syncing or did it require additional configuration?
And yes - that simple. It plugs into the usb where wired car play works.

Then you setup the phone to connect to it - basically pair it Bluetooth which is the initiator - then it connects to the carplay2air’s ad-hoc WiFi network it creates.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got my unit today and the installation was a breeze. I made phone calls with it and used maps to navigate home from the store as a test. The only strange thing was in my Bluetooth settings on the phone it said it wasn't connected but it still worked.

The cable in the lighter adapter powers the Qi phone holder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got my unit today and the installation was a breeze. I made phone calls with it and used maps to navigate home from the store as a test. The only strange thing was in my Bluetooth settings on the phone it said it wasn't connected but it still worked.

Bluetooth gets its connected - like tells the unit the phone is present. Then the device creates an ad-hoc WiFi network that the phone is connected to. Carplay wireless
Is all over WiFi. Bluetooth released and unused once that connection is made.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Reminder to follow the instructions and check for updates. I have found 3 in the 2 weeks I have had mine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bluetooth gets its connected - like tells the unit the phone is present. Then the device creates an ad-hoc WiFi network that the phone is connected to. Carplay wireless
Is all over WiFi. Bluetooth released and unused once that connection is made.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reminder to follow the instructions and check for updates. I have found 3 in the 2 weeks I have had mine.

Oh oh, I better read the instructions. I was so excited that it worked right away when I plugged it in I didn't read the rest of the instructions

21 - 36 of 36 Posts