Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ROC members,

Is there anyone interested in an OEM compact spare tire and rim? I upgraded my 2009 (Gen1) Ridgeline with a full-size spare; so the original compact spare is not something I need. The rubber and rim are in great (like new) shape; it still has those new prickly things that some new tires have.

IMG_20170211_112109394.jpg

IMG_20170211_112314340.jpg

IMG_20170211_112153200.jpg

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had wondered what folks do with these when they upgrade to the full-size spare. I suspect there are more than a few in garages like yours. There must be some good way/place to re-sell these -- eBay???

Good luck with the sale -- hopefully someone here on ROC is in need. Would this also fit the Pilot/Odyssey? Piloteers forum?

Reactions: McChizzle

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had wondered what folks do with these when they upgrade to the full-size spare. I suspect there are more than a few in garages like yours. There must be some good way/place to re-sell these -- eBay???

Good luck with the sale -- hopefully someone here on ROC is in need. Would this also fit the Pilot/Odyssey? Piloteers forum?
Thanks for thinking of ways to help me sell this tire ISO Truck. eBay is an option but I want to give our members first dibs because the ROC rocks!

Honda's website states that, for example, a compact spare for a 2014 Ridgeline, Pilot, and Odyssey came with T165/90 R17, T165/80 D17, and T135/80 D17 size donuts, respectively. Given that these three vehicles came with different tire dimensions, Pilot and Odyssey owners may not find this tire very attractive.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to one day swap mine for a full size - just hadn't gotten one of those round tuits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm interested in giving this spare tire away; I would just need the buyer to pay for shipping unless a local handoff could be accomplished. I live in the Metro DC Area.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note: This spare will fit all Ridgelines, Gen1 and Gen2, given Honda used the exact same spare rim and tire for both vehicles.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Best of luck. Took me almost a year to give mine away.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP: This compact spare tire and rim are still available. If you have used your compact spare and have put 50 or more miles on it, you may want to consider getting one that has little to no miles on it, like mine. All you have to do is pay for shipping.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's kind of you offering this rim and tire. The steel Rims good, but the tire is scrap and letting someone know would be prudent. Its over 10yrs old.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah mcchizzle - how dare you offer something for free and not give a bunch of disclaimers?! What an a-hole you are! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's kind of you offering this rim and tire. The steel Rims good, but the tire is scrap and letting someone know would be prudent. Its over 10yrs old.
The age is known, as described in my first post; so your complaint about me is unwarranted. What has not been described is that the tire has been garage kept, but you're right it's now 10 years old. So if the age of the rubber bothers you, regardless of the rim's condition, then don't take advantage of my willingness to give a ROC member something free and step away.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
...'Rubber that gets regular use will retain its flexibility and molecular properties longer than neglected rubber. For example, although they’re exposed to UV rays daily, the tires on the car you drive regularly are actually more resistant to rot than tires hidden away in a dark garage. During the manufacturing process, the tire-maker adds a protective compound to the rubber formulation. Regular use causes the tire to flex and compress, pushing this protective substance to the surface. This doesn’t happen in an unused tire, so the rubber is more vulnerable to damage from ozone and oxidation'. ......

Interesting. I guess I need to dispose of my spare sitting in the garage too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The age is known, as described in my first post; so your complaint about me is unwarranted. What has not been described is that the tire has been garage kept, but you're right it's now 10 years old. So if the age of the rubber bothers you, regardless of the rim's condition, then don't take advantage of my willingness to give a ROC member something free and step away.

No complaints about you McChizzle, just wouldn't want to see an accident occur due to a spare tire that's not safe for you or anyone else....

Just my 02 cents

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
it's a token tire. No one is going to be racing down the highway with it. They are only meant to get you to a repair station.

I ended up giving mine to a guy who was collecting them so he could take off his OEM rims and paint them. The spare tires allowed him to not have to keep his truck up on stands while the wheel was prepped, painted and drying.

Reactions: scubacamper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a extra spare rim too. I bought some after market rims and used the original rim as a spare what did you do with your and did you end up hooking your rim down with anything? BTW same here if anyone needs a spare tire let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts