Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we had fun on the Flint Hills drive, there was only three of us there due to the timing of it being Easter weekend (I know several said they wanted to come that couldn't) and I know there was a mention or two about something like a late summer/early fall meet, so I thought maybe I'd throw out the last of August for something to think about, say the last Saturday of the month (25th). For around my locale, there is Rolling Hills Zoo and Museum and Coronado Heights. Or we could just do the Flint Hills drive again if there are those who wanted to do it but couldn't come.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'm always willing to show off the Flint Hills. I think the best time would be about a month later, say the end of September/first of October. The end of summer pasture and the middle of the fall wild flower bloom. Lunch at Emma Chase Cafe and/or dinner at the Grand Central Hotel.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The Zoo I think I could do.
Around the beginning of October.
I could bring my RL too...

Manonkind
I went past the turn off to the Rolling Hills Zoo today coming back from a geocaching event co sponsored by my professional society. We went to the geographic center of the lower 48 states, known as the Meades Ranch Station (near Luray).
John, are they open that late in the season?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went past the turn off to the Rolling Hills Zoo today coming back from a geocaching event co sponsored by my professional society. We went to the geographic center of the lower 48 states, known as the Meades Ranch Station (near Luray).
John, are they open that late in the season?
geotech,
I thought the geographic center of the lower 48 was in Smith county near Lebanon (near the KS/NE border). I lived in Beloit (Mitchell county) from 1990-95 when I worked at the National Weather Service office in Concordia. To add a little excitement to your ROC get together, you guys could always check out the barbed wire museum in Rush county near LaCrosse or the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City (NW Mitchell county). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
geotech,
I thought the geographic center of the lower 48 was in Smith county near Lebanon (near the KS/NE border). I lived in Beloit (Mitchell county) from 1990-95 when I worked at the National Weather Service office in Concordia. To add a little excitement to your ROC get together, you guys could always check out the barbed wire museum in Rush county near LaCrosse or the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City (NW Mitchell county). :rolleyes:
Because of my routine fence crossings, the Barbed Wire Museum (cosponsored by Levi Strauss & The Cotton Thread Producers?) is great interest to me.
There is debate as to the geographic center of the lower 48. See this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meades_Ranch,_Kansas
I have a friend out there in the Lebanon area that will literally fight any one who says different! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
me and my 07 green rtl just moved into Wichita Kansas. Not sure where yall are talking about but if its not too far i might make a drive out there.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
me and my 07 green rtl just moved into Wichita Kansas. Not sure where yall are talking about but if its not too far i might make a drive out there.
I would be willing attend if at all possible. I have a busy fall calendar in Sept. & Oct. so this time someone else will have to do the planning (and don't plan around me)! There are a few others in the Wichita area that might wish to attend that were unable to go to Spring Meet. If someone gets things rolling, I'll email them the date.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Guys,

New RL owner near Cunningham, Kansas (1 hour west of Wichita) might be interested in doing a Flint Hills or other drive in Kansas. Let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
While we had fun on the Flint Hills drive, there was only three of us there due to the timing of it being Easter weekend (I know several said they wanted to come that couldn't) and I know there was a mention or two about something like a late summer/early fall meet, so I thought maybe I'd throw out the last of August for something to think about, say the last Saturday of the month (25th). For around my locale, there is Rolling Hills Zoo and Museum and Coronado Heights. Or we could just do the Flint Hills drive again if there are those who wanted to do it but couldn't come.

I think that would be a great idea and I am alright with either the Salina area or the Flint Hills. I live in Hutchinson so either one is not that bad of a drive for me, plus it gives me the chance to drive the ridgeline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts