Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember some mention of how to remove thye badges off the tailgate... Does anyone have any pics of how it looks with a "naked behind"?
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
You really should try and keep it clean. This is a family website!! :rolleyes: ;) :D
Sorry..I'm bored. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Stereolab said:
I remember some mention of how to remove thye badges off the tailgate... Does anyone have any pics of how it looks with a "naked behind"?
That was me. I like the badging on a contrasting color like black or red, but I thought the silver on silver was hard to see and therefore not worth waxing around and having to pick the excess out from between the letters.

Here's a pic
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
I kind of like the guy behind me (whoops sorry Ladyridge) knowing what I am driving. People roll down their windows at traffic lights and ask questions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks steveberger... I'll keep my eyes peeled in my Connecticut travels. If you spot an Amazon Green with no badging, most likey it will be me.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
JulesK said:
I kind of like the guy behind me (whoops sorry Ladyridge) knowing what I am driving. People roll down their windows at traffic lights and ask questions
Me too!!! :eek: ( Having people know what I am driving that is!! ;) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Sorry if I missed how to...but how hard is it to remove the letters.. are they glued on? whats the procedure on how to remove... thanks in advance, I would like to remove mine:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Go to HandA, The removal instuctions are shown if you wish to replace with the Gold Emblems. Sorry just my opinion butt naked view not for me, but maybe with a Big H in silver or gold under the release latch, Love the H logo and got to tell dem der guys " A Honda has just blown you away"
TheRidgester said:
Sorry if I missed how to...but how hard is it to remove the letters.. are they glued on? whats the procedure on how to remove... thanks in advance, I would like to remove mine:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
TheRidgester said:
Sorry if I missed how to...but how hard is it to remove the letters.. are they glued on? whats the procedure on how to remove... thanks in advance, I would like to remove mine:)
The H&A instructions are good, and describe this process. Here is what I did and it takes 2 minutes. I warmed up the badges just a little with a heat gun or hair dryer (warm not hot or melting) and then used a 2 foot length of 20 lbs. test fishing line like a piece of dental floss between the badge and the paint. With a little sawing action it cuts right through the adhesive foam. A little rubbing to remove excess sticky and a quick coat of wax and you can't tell it was ever there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Ridge Man said:
Go to HandA, The removal instuctions are shown if you wish to replace with the Gold Emblems. Sorry just my opinion butt naked view not for me, but maybe with a Big H in silver or gold under the release latch, Love the H logo and got to tell dem der guys " A Honda has just blown you away"
It's subtle but the Honda "H" is on my trailer hitch receiver cover. A stealth Ridgeline!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top