Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna be upgrading my factory wiring, along with jbl tweeters and jbl door speakers.. Plan on removing my loc and replacing with the aoem-hon20.. Every site I found with this product, no ridgeline model with nav it supports...Has anyone used the aoem hon20 on the 2006 RTL with nav??I'm ordering my jbl items tomorrow along with MDF spacers...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I am gonna be upgrading my factory wiring, along with jbl tweeters and jbl door speakers.. Plan on removing my loc and replacing with the aoem-hon20.. Every site I found with this product, no ridgeline model with nav it supports...Has anyone used the aoem hon20 on the 2006 RTL with nav??I'm ordering my jbl items tomorrow along with MDF spacers...
Couple of thoughts here. First, *most* amplifiers have 2 input connection methods. 1 is "high level" the other is "low level" or RCA. The difference between these is high level accepts the speaker outputs from a head unit where (inside the amp) levels are reduced to the same level needed to supply RCA inputsl. By purchasing an external "low level adapter" like the PAC, you are effectively buying what is already inside the amp. In other words, why are you wasting your money? There is no inherent value in doing that. The only advantage in purchasing the aoem-hon20 is it (might) have the correct adapter to plug directly into the factory radio/harness. Basically, that's $30 to save a few minutes of wire splicing. But if that's what you need, perhaps it makes sense.

Is that what you mean by "upgrading wiring"?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's what I meant, I called PAC and they said the aoem hon20 will not work on ridge line???

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Yes that's what I meant, I called PAC and they said the aoem hon20 will not work on ridge line???
They are the OEM, so they should know. Plug configurations are the reason. It's likely the Ridge isn't supported in the PAC product line because vehicle sales volumes are nowhere near Civics, Accords, ETC.

Your budget is your budget, but trying to integrate the factory head unit into a meaningful upgrade comes with lots of challenges, including general audio quality, features/functions and connection options for outboard amplifiers. If it is in the realm of possibility, you might consider going to an aftermarket stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts