Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried Apple CarPlay for the first time yesterday. It almost worked as expected, but I did not get a route displayed on the nav screen. It showed my current position but no route. I did get turn by turn directions on the Ridgeline speakers. The phone showed CarPlay but not the route. The phone is an iPhone 6 with the latest software, updated last week. I figure that it’s probably something I did wrong, but don’t know what. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
The Apple CarPlay home screen shows up on the vehicle and you can interact with it, right?

What mapping software are you using? Apple Maps? Google Maps? Waze?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was using Apple Maps and saw nothing unusual on the screen until I got a phone call. The screen that showed up then was not one I’ve seen before. I never saw the phone’s home screen.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I’ll try that next time. I think I need more practice anyway. Is it possible that my phone is too old to work correctly?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks, I’ll try that next time. I think I need more practice anyway. Is it possible that my phone is too old to work correctly?
I have an iPhone 6. I use Waze and aside from getting to and from XM radio and back to the CarPlay screen, I have had no problems. I can use Waze without any issues to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts