Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having problems? 2022 RTL-E, iPhone 13 Promax. System freezes or shuts down and this is a very constant problem for me. Yesterday I had to pull over and shut down the truck and restart to get my dictions to work PITA. I love the vehicle other than this.

·
Registered
2022 RTL Modern Steel
46 Posts
Haven’t had that big of a problem but yea my CarPlay is a bit finicky immediately after I plug it in. I have come to realize that after I plug in my phone I have to wait upwards of 30 seconds before the car realizes what’s going on (eg can actually use CarPlay). Once they sync up it seems to function ok.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had That issue. Talked with my dealer. He uninstall and re-install the same update and have not had an issue of freezing or disconnecting since.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
14 Posts
I have used apple carplay everytime I drive my truck and never had any issues with an Iphone 12 Pro.

Edit: I also am not using an "Apple" cable but a short 2 foot MIFI-certified cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you guys using an apple cable? Or have you install any car player after market wireless? I had the same problem took my car to the dealer, they said the only problem is the after market product that I have and that I should use an original apple cable, I did that and so far I have not have any problems

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are you guys using an apple cable? Or have you install any car player after market wireless? I had the same problem took my car to the dealer, they said the only problem is the after market product that I have and that I should use an original apple cable, I did that and so far I have not have any problems
I had issue with Apple OEM USB cable. The re-flash fixed my issue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My truck/Carplay connection is variable. It seems to occur less often if I shut off the truck before disconnecting the cable and reconnect before starting up. Maybe 85-90% of the time that works fine. If not I sometimes just shut off the app while attached (especially WAZE) then turn on the app again. That usually works for me. And yes I use a genuine Apple cable.

·
Premium Member
2022 Black Edition [Nov 24, 2021] - Traded 2017 B.E. [Sept 23, 2016]
918 Posts
To add to above... I've also had issues if there is a second phone plugged into the armrest console USB. Not sure if it is current draw or something else, but my girlfriend likes to charge her phone there when we are on trips, while I use Car-Play. And she is the one that pointed out the pattern, whenever I had no Car-play ICON or it was froze, was usually due to that, except a few times with bad cable compatibility. When the 2nd phone is unplugged, it all usually worked ok.

All that to say, double check that it isn't a 2nd device plugged in that is interfering. Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is bad! I work from my car and this is a significant problem, hangs up on clients' apple Maps, and google maps both freeze while I am on the road. Today I was using apple maps and talking to a client and music started to play and there was no app running. I will call Honda on Monday and see what they offer.

·
Administrator
22,705 Posts
I'd like to know more about this "reflash". Honda has never released any software updates to the Ridgeline's audio system. The software has been updated over the model years, but all updates have been done at Clarion before the units shipped to Honda. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing a dealer can do is perform a factory data reset (which you can do yourself).

·
Registered
246 Posts
It has been nearly flawless since the reflash! Only once or twice in past 2-3 months that i needed to unplug and replug my
I'd like to know more about this "reflash". Honda has never released any software updates to the Ridgeline's audio system. The software has been updated over the model years, but all updates have been done at Clarion before the units shipped to Honda. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing a dealer can do is perform a factory data reset (which you can do yourself).
maybe data reset….but whatever they did, it has worked miraculously for me!! My phone used to disconnect every other drive…which then requires me to shut down and restart the car. Since the “reflash” it has NEVER happen once in the past 3 months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts