Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Ridgeline owner, 21 BE. I used Apple Maps a few times, and 80% of the time the iPhone voice gives me the directions, but on occasion the native nav voice comes on instead. The “you have reached your destination” is always the native nav voice. I was not using the native nav at the time, and I am not new to Apple CarPlay, we have it in our Acura RDX and it works flawlessly there. Any idea why I’m getting a change in the voice? The native nav voice is so retro, and annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Sport • Radiant Red Metallic II
26 Posts
New Ridgeline owner, 21 BE. I used Apple Maps a few times, and 80% of the time the iPhone voice gives me the directions, but on occasion the native nav voice comes on instead. The “you have reached your destination” is always the native nav voice. I was not using the native nav at the time, and I am not new to Apple CarPlay, we have it in our Acura RDX and it works flawlessly there. Any idea why I’m getting a change in the voice? The native nav voice is so retro, and annoying.
... and I thought I was the only one ...
to add to the mystery • I have a 21 Sport (nav NOT included) and use my iPhone connected via CarPlay. When it works, it's great. The main annoyance is the dropping of the connection from time to time and sometimes when this happens, a different voice comes on, a voice I've never heard before. And I use my iPhone/CarPlay on other vehicles without this issue. Since I don't have built-in NAV, is this a CarPlay issue? unique to Honda? something else? It's definitely a puzzle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... and I thought I was the only one ...
to add to the mystery • I have a 21 Sport (nav NOT included) and use my iPhone connected via CarPlay. When it works, it's great. The main annoyance is the dropping of the connection from time to time and sometimes when this happens, a different voice comes on, a voice I've never heard before. And I use my iPhone/CarPlay on other vehicles without this issue. Since I don't have built-in NAV, is this a CarPlay issue? unique to Honda? something else? It's definitely a puzzle.
Interesting. But you have voice recognition, right? That's the voice I hear, it's the same as the nav voice.

·
Registered
2021 Sport • Radiant Red Metallic II
26 Posts
Interesting. But you have voice recognition, right? That's the voice I hear, it's the same as the nav voice.
not sure about voice recognition - but I'm hearing two distinctly different voices. The "new" voice happens only occasionally but seems to happen following a "disconnect" event, i.e. the map display on the dash is replaced with a connectivity msg, the map is still displayed on my phone, the "new" voice speaks a msg., usually x number of miles to next turn • as soon as the map display returns the original voice speaks a similar msg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I’m thinking it was the phone and a hiccup from the iOS 14.6 update that installed yesterday. I discovered that my phone stopped getting messsges sometime yesterday, then locked up last night. I did a reboot and it went through the activation process for some reason. Apple Maps worked fine today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts