Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to ROC. Bought my first one about a month ago and love it. 2007 RTL no nav. I have some exterior mods planned...lift, tires, etc. But I just got the new AppRadio 2. I have a Droid Bionic phone (which is not on the "approved" list) but works great....so far. I had about 30 minutes tonight so I rigged up the AppRadio 2 in the car just to test and see if my phone would work with it. IT WORKED! I have the AppRadio App on my phone. It connected and I was able to use google maps, CarMediaPlayer, access my phone book and Calendar, all from the HU without touching the phone...exactly what I wanted. I popped the OEM unit back in and dash panel back on so I can get to work tomorrow.

I am hoping to do the install this weekend. I will take pics and post up after I'm done. I will be installing the GPS antenna, microphone, and Android connection kit. I'm also installing the parking break bypass using a relay. And I have new Pioneer tweeters to replace the stock ones. I am looking for a small amp to power the sub with. I want to buy one locally...I have no patience for internet orders...I know...they ship quick...I'm an instant gratification kind of guy. For now I will power the sub from rear speaker...I know not the best option but I sit in the front seat...it will be fine till I find an amp.

I will post up soon as I can.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
You'll be fine with the rear speaker leads powering the stock sub. I think you need to use only the violet colored wires and do some sort of setting within the HU. IIRC, it will send 70 watts to a sub. That's actually little high for the stock sub, so just be careful with it. I don't think you'll have control over the level of the sub, either. I would recommend a small motorcycle amp for the stock sub. Maybe one that puts out 50 watts RMS or so when bridged.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You'll be fine with the rear speaker leads powering the stock sub. I think you need to use only the violet colored wires and do some sort of setting within the HU. IIRC, it will send 70 watts to a sub. That's actually little high for the stock sub, so just be careful with it. I don't think you'll have control over the level of the sub, either. I would recommend a small motorcycle amp for the stock sub. Maybe one that puts out 50 watts RMS or so when bridged.
But I would like the rear speaker wires for the rear speakers. If I splice the 2.5 impedance parallel with the oem rear speakers what is my impedance 2.5+4=6.5?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts