Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike's words:
Hey guys, it's been a great 10 years. Due to the lack of interest from VS with regard to helping the staff run the ROC, the lack of attention from VS with requests for assistance from the staff, and the complete lack of interest from Honda, I will not be around much at all. I wish everyone the best with the G2 and wish y'all the best.

Thanks Mike for all the years of your support & valuable contributions to this great forum. It's been real ! ! !

:wink:

· Registered
2,307 Posts
Oh no! I didn't see the original message, but this is bad news. Our admins were our unsung heroes, reading and editing posts for long hours whether the content was interesting or not. I hope this gets straightened out fast.

Thanks Mike for some great posts over the years. Hope there's still more to come.

· Registered
9,975 Posts
Damn, this place is deteriorating rapidly.
Oh no! I didn't see the original message, but this is bad news. Our admins were our unsung heroes, reading and editing posts for long hours whether the content was interesting or not. I hope this gets straightened out fast.

Thanks Mike for some great posts over the years. Hope there's still more to come.
WTH, is this the beginning of the end? Been a good ride for 11 years and all of a sudden the dam breaks and 1st time posters start taking over and shouting "hate". Been a great forum hope it can continue. Many thanks to the mods; Joe, Keith, Mike, Speed, etc.

Reactions: larryr

· Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,988 Posts
I'm a "short-timer", only 8 years but I've really learned a lot from the Admins that have been here since day one. Even the "old timers" who have a great history here are thinning out. Sniff, is there no one to pick up the mantle?

Just today, I installed new bulbs in my drivers side heated seat switch. They burned out some time ago but the seat still heats. Easy to do after a search on this forum. This is a valuable forum if you own one of these Gen I's and now Gen II's.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
I'm a "short-timer", only 8 years but I've really learned a lot from the Admins that have been here since day one. Even the "old timers" who have a great history here are thinning out. Sniff, is there no one to pick up the mantle?

Just today, I installed new bulbs in my drivers side heated seat switch. They burned out some time ago but the seat still heats. Easy to do after a search on this forum. This is a valuable forum if you own one of these Gen I's and now Gen II's.
Will see how many maintenance tips show up with all the new young members with new RLs. Wonder how many work on vehicles anymore. Thanks Mike for all youve done.

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
For weeks now, I've found myself glued to the ROC for hours a day, if not all day - even at work. I find myself reading opinions, researching prices, formulating deals in my head, thinking about what color I want, weighing need vs. want, constantly checking cars.com and dealer inventories, emailing offers that get rejected or countered higher than I should pay.

The ROC is almost impossible to keep up with right now with hundreds, if not thousands, of new posts to read each day - a few useful, but most useless or repetitious. I really need to back off the ROC and the Ridgeline in general right now and clear my head so I can get back to focusing on work and living. This has become a borderline obsession lately and is not healthy.

· Registered
2,938 Posts
for 10 years I've been devoted to this site, met many people, spoke with many more, gained a lot of knowledge on the Gen 1 hopefully this is not the beginning of the end as 25 year Honda says, but I can see a downturn in the information on this site, Perhaps us "Old Timers" should start a new forum.

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
for 10 years I've been devoted to this site, met many people, spoke with many more, gained a lot of knowledge on the Gen 1 hopefully this is not the beginning of the end as 25 year Honda says, but I can see a downturn in the information on this site, Perhaps us "Old Timers" should start a new forum.
It seems that much of the "junk" on here lately is coming from first time, G2 buyers that know next to nothing about the G1 or the ROC's culture. I feel like I'm dining at La Grenouille with a bunch of crying babies and undisciplined children running around.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Le who???

Seriously though.... this is just a blip in the road. Things will settle down in a few weeks or so.

And if the G2 newbies might seem novice to us right now, so be it. Many are just starting where we were back in '05. The cream will rise & the chaf will fall away. Mark my words.

It was easier to "mentor" new members with G1s, because we knew considerably more about the vehicle they just acquired, and were able to share that knowledge base. It's a little more awkward with G2, when we know only a bit more than the newbies.... and that edge is temporary.... based soley on G1 commonality, very limited advance (insider) knowledge, & lots of reading here.

Stability will be achieved! .... the cost is only a bit of patience. IMHO of course.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
This has become a borderline obsession lately and is not healthy.
Sounds like ROC is for you what facebook is for many Americans.

Thanks, Mike, for all of the time and effort you put into this forum. Much appreciated. :act035:

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
Thanks Again Mike, Lots of Change both to the ROC and RL

· Administrator
24,832 Posts
Sounds like ROC is for you what facebook is for many Americans.
Uh-oh. You hit home there. ;) I used to live on Facebook at home and at work. It was setting a bad example, so I had to refrain. Facebook has become so polluted with spam, out-of-order posts, and incomprehensible privacy and post settings that it crossed that line between fun and frustrating. I've pulled way back on Facebook.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.