Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... I'm new on here. I just purchased a low mileage 2013 Ridgeline. The wheels are badly corroded, so I must replace them. I'm wondering if the 18" 2nd generation wheels will be ok to run on my vehicle. From the research I've done, the bolt pattern, the center bore, and diameter of both rims are identical. The width on a 2nd generation rim is 1/2" wider, but shouldn't be an issue. The one area the wheels are different is the offset. My vehicle's rims have an offset of 45mm; the offset on the 2nd generation's rims is 55mm. That means the rim from the 2nd generation vehicle will 10mm (about 3/8") closer to the hub and braking components than my vehicle's rim. Will that be a problem? I can't get a definitive answer from sources I would expect to know, like Belle Tire, Discount Tire (both sell wheels), and even the service department of the local Honda dealership. They referred me to Tire Rack! All of the earlier mentioned said the best thing to do is to fit test one of the 2nd generation rims on my Ridgeline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The 2013 18” wheel is 7.5” wide with a +45 offset. The 2017 18” wheel is 8” wide with a +55 offset. Both wheels have the same center bore (64.1mm) and the same 5X120 bolt pattern. The question is, will G2 wheels clear G1 brakes? Time to bolt a G2 to a G1 and see if it spins freely.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I'm pretty sure people have done the swap with no issues but, if memory serves me, you will need the G2 lugnuts too for proper seating on the wheels. Do a search.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,144 Posts
Swap has been done. They will fit with stock size tires. Larger than stock tires may rub sooner than they would with a stock 18" GenI wheel. Have fun. Get GenII lug nuts. GenII TPMS sensors are not compatible so those will need to be changed.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver
158 Posts
Pardon a little thread highjack...
Does this mean I can use G1 wheels & L/nuts on my G2? I'm looking to run a second set of tires (snows) & thinking of pricing a steel set of G1 wheels.

·
Premium Member
2020 Black Edition
78 Posts
Pardon a little thread highjack...
Does this mean I can use G1 wheels & L/nuts on my G2? I'm looking to run a second set of tires (snows) & thinking of pricing a steel set of G1 wheels.
Same here. Be nice to know.

·
Registered
201 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts