Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any known issues with the cooling fan not shutting off? After a 50 mile highway trip in my 2 day owned RLT-E, I left the vehicle with the fan still running. At the time it seemed to be running for an extended time but assumed it would shut off as they always do. Upon returning a few hours later the battery was dead. It hasn't happened since but I plan to bring to dealer. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Have not heard of that issue with G2 Ridgeline yet.
Back in 1980 on my new Prelude cooling fans would not turn off when car was off and key out of ignition.
In those days VW & Audi cooling fans would run for awhile after car was cut of but not Honda.
Took to dealer they could not find any problem because it did not do it for them.
Some three years later same problem happen again could not get them to turn off restarting car multiple times.
I had to disconnect battery until next mourning when I could take to dealer. Thought problem would not happen when battery was reconnected next mourning on cold engine but fans came on as soon as they got power.
Turned car off at dealer they kept running bad relay I kept the car 15years it never did it again.
It was covered after new car warranty expired because I had brought it in for same problem when newer and had my paperwork.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe it was in accessory mode? I've had some issues with the button sometimes where I wasn't sure about the power status.

Reactions: JoWoodburn

·
Registered
295 Posts
Maybe it was in accessory mode? I've had some issues with the button sometimes where I wasn't sure about the power status.
Shouldn't it have beeped at him like a maniac if he walked away with it in accessory mode? Of course if he left the keys in the truck that would do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts