Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If they are, then I found my first problem. My passenger armrest is either up or down...no in between. Is this right???

·
Registered
395 Posts
Upper trims have ratcheting armrests for both driver and passenger. You will have to check the specs for US trims (or someone else can confirm it), but in Canada the EX-L does not have a passenger ratcheting armrest, but Touring and BE have it for driver and passenger.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have RTL-T (USA) and passenger armrest doesnt ratchet

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the RTL-T, and the passenger armrest doesn't ratchet. But the auto-ass massage on the driver side more than makes up for it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
RTL, passenger arm rests does not adjust. Does not bother wife. Her SUV has a console that does not adjust. Neither did my past pickups with center consoles.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Wow that is chintzy, really is. About as chinze as the conversation mirror.
Really is. Whoever got paid to make this decision didn't stop to think that it is an admission the (lower trim) armrests are lame - "for some extra dough, we'll fix that for ya."

And, I gotta feel for the line workers (ahem, associates) building these things with so many trim levels and different details. I know a lot of it is automated logistics, but there's still a lot of "connect that plug today, don't connect it tomorrow," "pull from this bin on this black Ridge, pull from that bin on that white one."

·
Administrator
16,057 Posts
And, I gotta feel for the line workers (ahem, associates) building these things with so many trim levels and different details. I know a lot of it is automated logistics, but there's still a lot of "connect that plug today, don't connect it tomorrow," "pull from this bin on this black Ridge, pull from that bin on that white one."
At least there are only several dozen possible combinations of each Honda model vs. thousands for most other brands! I'm thinking back about the new Ridgeline BE owner that got the wrong steering wheel and another owner that got the wrong color bumper trim. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a domestic vehicle leaving the factory with the wrong part installed (although, I'm sure it happens) - now, two new Hondas in a matter of weeks got the wrong parts. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts