Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coil spring inside the lock on my Ridge's ARE shell has broken. The lock mechanism actually still works fine, but there's no longer a spring return to the locked position. I could actually live with it like this, but it drives my wife nuts - she forgets to manually return the handle to the locked position, and then the window pops open while we're driving.

ARE won't/can't sell a replacement spring; they want $150 plus shipping for a complete replacement lock assembly.

Anybody else had a problem with the lock on their shell? Did you find any alternatives?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Take it by a local locksmith - they might have that part.

Chip H.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It probably uses the same lock as my Leer which I use so much that I had it completely replaced a couple of years ago. I think I paid in the neighborhood of $50.00 to have them replace it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys - I did try one locksmith yesterday and he didn't have anything like that. The problem is that it's not actually the lock that's broken - it's the handle. The ARE Rdigeline shells have a "palm grip" handle that has the lock cylinder off to one side. There's a big spring in the palm grip handle part that returns it to the closed position when you let go, and that's what's dead on mine.

Just in case anybody else reads this thread and needs one, I found this place that sells the whole assembly for $127

https://www.custompickup.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3365

that's not a lot better than the official ARE price, but it's a little less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts