Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
373 Posts
I don't like that there is no light indication of what gear you are in, and the red letters for P and N are also annoying. the shifter location seems to be a little bit between N and D when in drive, so the red N makes it look like its in neutral. I guess I'll get used to it, but don't all other brands show the gear you are in?

·
Super Moderator
1,398 Posts
Like someone mentioned I banged on the side of the console box a few times and wha-la the lights now work on mine. Another thing fixed without the dealer! Too bad we can do these kind of fixes on transmissions!

Steve

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
536 Posts
Like someone mentioned I banged on the side of the console box a few times and wha-la the lights now work on mine. Another thing fixed without the dealer! Too bad we can do these kind of fixes on transmissions!

Steve
You just need a bigger hammer for fixing transmissions!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
It's right in front of you allowing you to operate the shift lever without even looking down. :)

View attachment 399636
I could be wrong, but i was thinking he meant actual gear, such as 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5 or 6. I'm not sure which mfrs offer that, but it's a popular feature on nicer motorcycles, but it's also a more informative feature there (manual trans with no shift gate). On automobiles, not so much.

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
I could be wrong, but i was thinking he meant actual gear, such as 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5 or 6. I'm not sure which mfrs offer that, but it's a popular feature on nicer motorcycles, but it's also a more informative feature there (manual trans with no shift gate). On automobiles, not so much.
My Miata has and my VFR800F had that. The Civic Type R has it and so do all Honda and Acura models with automatic transmissions and paddle shifters (including the 2020 Ridgeline) when in sequential mode. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts

Steve
Sort of liking banging on the side of a tv to get a better picture? I remember those days when dad used to do that! Sometimes it worked, sometimes it got worse!
I was able to actually To check mine last night, and the lights do work beside the shifter. Not that I really ever look down at it....probably why I wasn’t sure they were backlit.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just ro add to the confusion! My 2019 RTL light up. Now I wish there was an indicator to let you know what position you are in.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
536 Posts
Just ro add to the confusion! My 2019 RTL light up. Now I wish there was an indicator to let you know what position you are in.
Look at post 22 of this thread. Is yours like that?

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,563 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts