Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Checkout this survey done by American Trucks, "The Burden of Being "the Friend With the Truck"." As a Ridgeline owner, would you say you agree with the results of this survey or do you break the mold and let others borrow your truck? If so, do they return it in good condition? Are they surprised by how capable the Ridgeline is after borrowing it or the opposite?

· Registered
323 Posts
Thought I would answer the questions for fun (answers based on owning a 1G for slightly more than 2 years).
Q. How annoyed are you:
a. Asked to help with a task involving your truck? A. Not at all - no-one has asked me yet.
b. Asked to borrow your truck? A. Not at all (still waiting for someone to ask me)
Q. What music do you prefer? A. CBC/classical/folk...
Q. Have you been stereotyped because you drive a truck? A. No.
Q. Do you agree truck drivers are not as smart as those that driver other cars? A. No - smartness has nothing to do with vehicles.
Q. Do you agree truck drivers make their vehicle their entire personality? A. No, but if you want too make it your own.
Q. How often do you say yes when people ask to use your truck? A. No one has asked me yet. I would offer to help them. Many hands make light work. Honda motorbike.
Q. Which tasks have you been asked to help with? A. N/A
Q. Have you been compensated for help involving your truck? A. I didn't accept their cash for helping them with their motorbike.
Q.What are your top reasons for buying a truck? A. Comfort, ride, reliability.
Q. Have you ever let someone borrow your truck? A. No-one has asked me to borrow my truck. I would offer to help them out.
Q. Who have you let borrow your truck? A. N/A
Q. Has your truck been damaged by someone who borrowed it? A. N/A
Q. Do you regret buying a truck? A. Heck no.
2d1c
: ^ )

· Registered
91 Posts
Nobody has asked and I would get annoyed. Especially since my friend has lorded his 8’ bed F-150 Crew cab as a real truck compared to anything I have purchased. Fine you help move all our friends.

All types of Rock, Comedy, and Radio Classics.

The RAM results are true in our neighborhood. One guy with the big lifted RAM diesel is always out washing his fleet when ever it is a partly sunny dry day. So maybe 1-2 times a month during the 6 months of winter drizzle in the NW. Otherwise a weekly ritual. Another neighbor has a F-150 and lots of kids so the truck gets washed 3 times a year. Birthday, Father‘s Day, and after a good snow event.

· Registered
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi, 1951 Dodge M37 oh ya and the wife's 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black ⚫️
40 Posts
Well as far as the Ridgeline goes it all depends on what the task is but also if I'm driving during the lending. I consider the Ridgeline my wife's truck and with it being a loaded version.. ya would be fussy about the task at hand. Now if it is a crazy task my Ram 2500 has done things most right minded truck owners wouldn't even consider ;)

· Registered
23 RTL-E
50 Posts
I have never lent my truck to anyone. I have however gone with them and operated my truck myself to complete a task. My problem is I don't trust people not to overload the truck. Some people simply don't understand what a cargo/towing capacity is and they will just keep throwing shit in until it doesn't fit. I haven't owned my ridgeline for very long, but my dad lent his Canyon to someone once and the dude tried to pull a massive boat with it. It worked fine until it was time to pull it out of the water and he found out my dads truck didnt have enough power to do that. Thankfully no permanent damage was done to the truck and someone was able to tow the truck and boat out, but yea. I don't trust people to take care of my stuff.

With all that said. There are a few responsible friends that I would have no problem lending my truck to.

· Registered
812 Posts
My neighbor's full size truck does not have a trailer hitch (what the heck?) I think its a Nissan but not sure so his wife asked me to tow her non-running Honda Shadow to her favorite repair place about 25 miles away with a U-haul trailer - I had no issue with it and didn't take any money for the task. The next day there was a $50 gift card to our favorite Italian restaurant and a thank you note in the mailbox.
Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Plant

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,156 Posts
My neighbor's full size truck does not have a trailer hitch (what the heck?) I think its a Nissan but not sure so his wife asked me to tow her non-running Honda Shadow to her favorite repair place about 25 miles away with a U-haul trailer - I had no issue with it and didn't take any money for the task. The next day there was a $50 gift card to our favorite Italian restaurant and a thank you note in the mailbox. View attachment 434120
That was a nice gesture on the part of both you and your neighbor. On a side note: I always wondered how difficult it is to back out of those side load garages. Pulling in seems easy enough, but backing out seems a bit more difficult if you want to keep off the lawn. My neighbor has one part of his three car garage that is sideload (the other two sections face the street) and he has never parked a vehicle in there - always uses it for storage.

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,156 Posts
Backing out isn't hard at all, with a little practice and IF your driveway is laid out thoughtfully.
Hard to back out onto a 20' piece of concrete. My neighbor would have to back straight out until he touched the furthest edge of the driveway and then pull forward to turn out onto the street.

Reactions: N55BlueRidge

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,658 Posts
Don't they have backup cameras on these newer vehicles now? ;)

· Registered
812 Posts
A bit, but the point is that not only do some cars not have backup cameras (as a previous post mentioned) , many didn't even have passenger side view mirrors (like the two cars above) from the factory. You have to be careful and attentive when maneuvering around in them.

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure I'd be considered atypical- female, 40's, stay-at-home mom. Previous ride was a minivan. : )

Q. How annoyed are you:
a. Asked to help with a task involving your truck? A. My husband asks occasionally.
b. Asked to borrow your truck? A. Husband stopped asking after the 100th NO.
Q. What music do you prefer? A. 80's Euro weenie pop, Alternative.
Q. Have you been stereotyped because you drive a truck? A. Not that I know of.
Q. Do you agree truck drivers are not as smart as those that driver other cars? A. No.
Q. Do you agree truck drivers make their vehicle their entire personality? A. Some yes, most no.
Q. How often do you say yes when people ask to use your truck? A. Only once ever. It was my husband. No one else would dare even ask.
Q. Which tasks have you been asked to help with? A. Hauling trash and or work items.
Q. Have you been compensated for help involving your truck? A. Yes, I charged my husband dinner out at a fancy restaurant.
Q.What are your top reasons for buying a truck? A. Seating position, comfort, utility.
Q. Have you ever let someone borrow your truck? A. Once, and once only, did I let me husband drive it to the dump.
Q. Who have you let borrow your truck? A. Husband.
Q. Has your truck been damaged by someone who borrowed it? A. No, otherwise I'd be referring to him as my EX-Husband.
Q. Do you regret buying a truck? A. No way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts