Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else here has an Argo- Max - Mudd ox- attex or other amphibious toy? I plan on picking up a 2002 argo bigfoot with the 18 hp B&S motor and ya Im gona tow it with the ridgeline. Anyone else have any AATV toys? Please post photos of AATV's-AATV's with ridgelines...ect Whats your experiences and whats your favorite 'type' 'brand'? I have always wanted one since i was a child, and rather than replaceing my bike, I thought me and the oldest son (4y/o) would have some fun in the mud. Cant wait to try it on the hill climb :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So maybe some people dont know what an argo bigfoot is so i heres some pics of it and my ridge

and the other boat

i have been working on the argo alot lately, just gave it a full overhaul on the carb and fuel system-new lines...ect just waiting for 16 seals and 8 bearings so i can go through the back axles :) then its good as new, literaly

·
Registered
93 Posts
Heres My Advenger 8x8 things a BEAST. never ever gets stuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I want new 750 fuel injected is awsome but the 6x6 is ok for now. We need to get together the sister states and ride. Find some mud. I will put some bids together next couple weeks. You have any action media?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I remember years ago, my neighbor used to have a Max amphibious 6x6, I always wanted to get one but never could afford it. By the way Max 6x6's are made here in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's what I want new 750 fuel injected is awsome but the 6x6 is ok for now. We need to get together the sister states and ride. Find some mud. I will put some bids together next couple weeks. You have any action media?
Naw not of the RL i had my camera stolen last year which had all my videos on it :act018: I had some videos of the argo just messing around, Any time you wana go riding im down , dirtbikes, fourwheelers , argos, rl's its all good

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fe likes your more than mine :( but she said I can upgrade whenever :) I have a 400 ex with big bore kit, and more mods than I can count but I like the way the Argos drive. I can't wait for tracks, how does it go in the snow?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It goes great i can hit pretty fast speeds in it on snow with the tracks alot faster then with out the tracks on pavement, and as long as you dont hit anything hidden under the snow then its pretty smoth a little jerky when turning fast untill you have it down. the only part negative about the tracks are is you can drive on pavement with them. I haven't had a chance to go in a lake/pond with it yet, im waiting for the right time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just installed a new brush guard on the argo. felt it was missing something

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks good !

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks good. By the way, how do you get this thing out if you get it stuck and you're in the middle of the swamp?

·
Registered
93 Posts
NH ridge , trust me these dont get stuck, mines been through hell and back and ive never been close to getting stuck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i upgraded my fuel delivery system to my Argo:

Tell me what you guys think

Fuel pump (2-3.5 psi) steady state

Toggle switch with safety cover in off position

Handle bar with switch in off position

toggle in on position

handle bar in on position

So far my testing has made me very happy. I have not had any of the fuel starvation issues that i have dealt with since i bought this machine. I have found that it is more responsive after long periods of high load (the bowl is always full when the extra pump is running). There is also an extra filter installed before the pump to ensure long service :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Castro. are your directional tires pointing backwards?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no they are right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts