Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase an Arm Rest Cover? Just a cover for the arm rest portion of the center console. I've tried the search engine but it didn't turn up any positive results. Any help is much appreciated in advance.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
I was thinking of getting the RTL leather console armrest cover. My next RL will have this unless I go with the RTL or course.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Any upholstery shop would do it in any fabric you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this post. I got my arm rest cover from komfy covers a couple weeks ago. It looks and works great. It was about 27 dollars or so before taxes and shipping but well worth it. shipping was slow but it arrived just the same. good luck guys on your search for a cover. take a look and maybe you can find something you like.

·
Administrator
20,683 Posts
Honda describes the armrest in the RTL, RTL NAVI, and SE models as "leather" even though it is vinyl. I assume they refer to it as leather because it comes with the "leather" seats. The front, left corner of mine wore and became sticky and dull in less than 3 years despite being meticulously clean. I replaced it and now keep it covered with a towel to keep the replacement from doing the same thing. I can't remember if I ordered mine from Bernardi or H&A, but it seems like it was somewhere around $50-$75. Replacement was...tricky. Despite my care, I still managed to snap off plastic clip that held the rear A/C vents in place. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I'm in over 3 years, mine still looks new.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,754 Posts
Wow..............coming up 6 years on mine and I spend hours(at least 5 and sometimes 6 days a week) in my 'Office" RTL and the arm rest cover is as good as new. I do wear long sleeve business shirts and my bare skin never touches mine but I slide that sucker out to it's maximum.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this post. I got my arm rest cover from komfy covers a couple weeks ago. It looks and works great. It was about 27 dollars or so before taxes and shipping but well worth it. shipping was slow but it arrived just the same. good luck guys on your search for a cover. take a look and maybe you can find something you like.
Your post is useless without pictures!!!!!!:act060:

·
Administrator
20,683 Posts
My right elbow rests directly on the front, left corner of mine. Clean, bare skin wore the vinyl. If I kept the armrest forward, the wear spot would still be there - just farther back. I don't like pulling the armrest forward, anyway, because of the unfinished look it exposes between the armrest and the rear A/C vents. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't have the Fancy RTL model like those whom have recently posted. But I will agree that Honda fabrics aren't all that wonderful. I purchased my '12 RTS in late Jan'13. by July '13 , my "Driver's Seat Bottom" was already fraying. I since have had the bottom seat cover replaced under warranty. To stop future problems I had installed Seat Covers for Front and Rear. I was looking for a cover for the Arm Rest, but the cover Manufacturer didn't offer one.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,754 Posts
My right elbow rests directly on the front, left corner of mine. Clean, bare skin wore the vinyl. If I kept the armrest forward, the wear spot would still be there - just farther back. I don't like pulling the armrest forward, anyway, because of the unfinished look it exposes between the armrest and the rear A/C vents. :(

Yes, for me, if I didn't pull mine forward it would be completely useless as an arm rest. Not much on how mine looks when pulled forward as I spent several hours every day in mine. It is my office.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My center Console (arm rest) is getting ratty as the materiel is starting to fail. Any suggestions on how best to update the material and with what? I got the tech diagram and think I can find all the screw points to disassemble but want to have a plan for what to replace it with. I am thinking denim but as a guy I am in the clueless camp on fabrics.

I doubt I am the first person to have the issue so share your solutions please
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 with the vinyl “leather”. I bought a replacement on eBay. The 2011 skin is simply held in my 4 torx screws. No glue needed (again 2011). I removed the vinyl and put the new skin on held with thin strips of gorilla tape then just rescrewed the torx bits. Took me 30 mins

Table Plastic Wallet Food Snack

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,148 Posts
I have a 2011 with the vinyl “leather”. I bought a replacement on eBay. The 2011 skin is simply held in my 4 torx screws. No glue needed (again 2011). I removed the vinyl and put the new skin on held with thin strips of gorilla tape then just rescrewed the torx bits. Took me 30 mins

View attachment 397070
That looks pretty good.

·
Registered
178 Posts

View attachment 397070
I did the same thing on my 2013. Very easy, took about 30 minutes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts