Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting at a drive waiting to merge onto a roadway and was leaning on the armrest when it gave way. For a couple minutes I couldn't get the ratchet adjustment mechanism to catch. The arm would just drop down to a low position. I was finally able to slowly get the ratchet to catch and make the clicking noise that indicated it was functional. I managed to get the arm rest position restored to my liking again.

Has anyone had issues with the arm rest mechanism? I don't know if this will be categorized as one of those things that simply happens randomly or it is an ominous sign of an impending failure.

Thoughts?

Paul.

· Registered
52 Posts
Paul,

Never had that issue but I have always been curious on the level of abuse the armrest can take. They seem like they would not be very robust, but I have personally had any issues.

I would mention it to your service manager when you are in for service. Cause I can see that would be a problem if that thing collapsed while driving at highway speeds when you are adjusting your position. Instant lane change......

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say that it hasn't happened since that one day. But, it definitely happened. So, I don't think there is anything I can truthfully tell my service manager to do since it has been 2.5 months since that single day.

But, it might be that I never try to adjust the armrest since it is in the proper position for me. I'll try to move it around a bit over the next several days.

Paul.

· Registered
22 Posts
If you guys will pardon me for hijacking this thread, I have an armrest question.

I really like the driver's seat RHS ratcheting armrest, but it's only available in Canada at the EX-L trim level. I don't want any of the other EX-L goodies, but I do want that armrest.

I installed one on the existing seat of my Sprinter without drama - the part was available and the mounting holes were present in the existing seat.

I need to know if I can do this with the G2 driver's seat. Can I DIY install an armrest in the Sport stock seat? Can you guys tell by looking at the seat if I'm dreaming?

The upcharge for the EX-L trim with armrest would be $4k. :(

Thanks!

· Registered
145 Posts
Hm, but mine are adjustable. I mean they go up and down lol. Just not ratcheting into different positions. It's all the way up or all the way down. I guess that is what they mean by adjustable. I entirely forgot about this feature until recently so I guess it doesn't bother me that much. Still love the RL...

· Registered
664 Posts
I have a question on the armrests...as long as there's a thread going

We have a 17 T. My driver's armrest goes down to just below level..which is great. The passenger armrest only goes to level which is not really a comfortable place.. Is this normal or am I missing a click on the passenger armrest?

· Registered
4,166 Posts
I have a question on the armrests...as long as there's a thread going

We have a 17 T. My driver's armrest goes down to just below level..which is great. The passenger armrest only goes to level which is not really a comfortable place.. Is this normal or am I missing a click on the passenger armrest?
If I am not mistaken only USA version RTL-E & Black Edition trims have the driver & passenger seat ratcheting armrest.

· Registered
664 Posts
If I am not mistaken only USA version RTL-E & Black Edition trims have the driver & passenger seat ratcheting armrest.

The driver's side ratchets on the T, but not the passenger. The main issue is not the ratchet as I only use the drivers armrest in the lowest position. The problem is the passenger side. It lowers to a height which is useless for use by both of us. It's too high to rest an arm on comfortably. Could have been easily remedied by the armrest lowering to the same elevation as the bottom notch on the drivers side....even without the ratchet set up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.