Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can't understand all the fuss... I didn't measure anything... just lowered the armrest by eye, placed my hand as close to the spined mount (between seat and armrest) and gave a sharp yank. Came off first time.

I'm phyically wide so I wonder if my body exerted some force against the bolster and armrest just sitting in the seat which made popping the armrest off easier. Are you a skinny (narrow) guy?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I can't understand all the fuss... I didn't measure anything... just lowered the armrest by eye, placed my hand as close to the spined mount (between seat and armrest) and gave a sharp yank. Came off first time.

I'm phyically wide so I wonder if my body exerted some force against the bolster and armrest just sitting in the seat which made popping the armrest off easier. Are you a skinny (narrow) guy?
- Your truck is Canadian and my limited exposure to this topic tells me it's not the same design of armrest as the US models, or at the very least most owners have a much easier time taking them out.

- I assume the BE has ratcheted Arm rests, but if it doesn't that would also be a reason the BE would be easier.

It does seem a but random, but there are a few of us who are about to give up. It's just not worth the potential damage to get this damn thing off. Dealers have broken them off, while others have had success. My last resort will be trying a pickle fork.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I am 6’4” and 260. No one ever accused me of being skinny, but I keep trying! 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Add me to the list. I have been trying the last several days to the point where my fingers hurt. I keep seeing count 12 stitches. From where?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've had my drive side ratcheting black armrest for about a month and a half.

While I love the width I don't particularly like the seat raised.

I'll be selling my armrest if anyone in the greater Toronto area is interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update- Took my Ridgeline in for some maintenance and asked if the mechanic could try and remove the armrest. Gave the whole back story on how owners were having trouble. Called me up this afternoon and let me know they were able to remove the arm rest. He had a good laugh and said it was the talk of the shop today. Took two big guys to pull on the arm rest to get the thing off. Didn't charge me anything extra but that could be because the truck was already in for some work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just an update. I have had my arm rest for 9 months now and I love them. Once you get the arm rest to the position you want you can lower the seat. I just adjusted to this.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I'm physically wide...
Hmm, I like that politically correct response. I'll have to use your response in the future when I refer to my own physic. Perhaps "girth enhanced" too or girth gifted?

Forgive an old man, at least one hazard of old age is that an old person sometimes thinks these random thoughts have any interest at all to anybody on the planet except themselves.

·
Registered
384 Posts
@Farther our other car is a BMW X3 and the sport seats really are uncomfortable for me because of my girth. ;)

Anyway I removed my armrest and went back to stock if anyone north of Toronto is looking for a 6" wide black ratcheting armrest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This post helped me R2 my drivers armrest today so I thought I'd chime in.

'19 RTL-E (US version).

Took me sitting in the rear floorboard and rocking in a few degrees +/- the "sweet spot" while putting all my weight behind it. Popped off with great effort, glad I had the door closed or I'd have ended up on my back in the driveway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All

I just installed mine and they look and work great! I have not read all of the comments but a few about the difficulty of getting the original ones off. I also was having a difficult time. I used the template paper to no avail. I then used the 13 stitches and guess what it worked. One thing some people might have missed. Make sure your seat is angled all the way forward before you count the stitches. I did not at first and it didn't work. But once I moved the seat back all the way up they popped right off. BTW they are very comfortable and well worth the investment.
IMG_20190920_164337.jpg

41 - 52 of 52 Posts