Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door arm rest is starting to show some wear around the hand hole. It appears as though there are some small plastic protrusions that are spaced regularly around the plastic trim of the hand hole. The protrusions are now sticking up in the vinyl and are visible where my elbow has be resting for the last 20,000 miles. I fear that the my vinyl will wear through. Any body else have this? I will post some pictures this week.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Haven't had it happen, but I think it might actually be leather?

#11 and #19

Description is:
ARMREST ASSY., R. FR. DOOR (LEATHER)
ARMREST ASSY., L. FR. DOOR (LEATHER)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Should be covered under warranty. Take it to the dealer and see what they have to say. They may pull the "normal wear and tear" routine, but it should last alot longer than 20,000 miles.

·
Administrator
16,838 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting this, but I just have to vent... At just under 30,000 miles on my babied and garaged '10, the vinyl armrest has a worn spot on the front, left corner about 3" in diameter. I realized it recently when I noticed something felt sticky on my arm. It won't come off and appears that the protective finish on the vinyl has worn through or the plasticizers are leeching out. Very disappointing and very annoying. I'm not a "sweater", don't bath in lotion or other product, and clean my truck regularly. I've noticed the driver's armrest is displaying evidence that it will soon do the same. I HATE premature wear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts