Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I am the proud new owner of a 2021 Sport in Platinum White Pearl. I traded my 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew 2wd and so far absolutely love this thing. The Ridgeline seems to be the Goldilocks truck for me. I've owned a handful of small, mid-size, and full size trucks. In recent years, I migrated towards the larger trucks due to comfort reasons, but I have never loved the thirst and how cumbersome they are. I don't need 10,000 lbs towing capacity and a half-ton crew cab with a 5.8 foot bed is less usable for me when you factor in the space occupied by the toolbox I no longer need thanks to the in-bed trunk and the overall easier access to the RIdgeline bed.

This is my first AWD vehicle and so far I am digging the extra traction even if that is likely only to be used in wet weather or making quick getaways from traffic lights and intersections. My wife and I are planning a trip out to Arizona this fall, so I am looking forward to doing some light off-roading and exploring out there. I know this thing is too low slung to do any real rock-crawling, but hopefully I can find some nice BLM roads that won't overwhelm this thing.

Looking forward to leaning more about these rigs and hopefully getting some good ideas for things I might want to add. So far, just doing some basic things like splash guards, floor liners, front window tint, and maybe will get a tonneau cover. I am liking some of the rigid roll-up covers since they seem to take up the last amount of space when rolled up.
20210606_190300.jpg

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
67 Posts
Maybe will get the front end done. I haven't had it done on a vehicle before.
if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a few years I think it’s worth it’s weight in gold, especially if you do road trips or any type of off roading. It’s around $900 near me for the hood, front bumper, fenders and mirrors. I have had it on a few vehicles and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting my new RTL E done Monday. I have the white as well. Well worth it to keep rock chips off. Also got the mud flaps and body side moldings. Install this coming Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Congrats - very nice!

A simple but very helpful accessory for me: trunk dividers. I had a 2007 (loved it) and the trunk would often devolve into a tangled mess of bunjis, tools, power cords, ratchet straps, etc., but got the dividers for my 2019 (love it too) and it's been much easier to keep reasonably neat.

I also have the OEM tonneau cover and like that too. Picked it primarily because it's the only one (that I know of) that doesn't need any mounted rails to install, as I wanted to preserve the side-to-side bed space (at the top) and have nothing in the way should I need to shovel bulk material like topsoil, mulch, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts