Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reminded how beautiful many parts of our Country is.

My wife and I are traveling transcontinentally to my Nieces wedding. Our route is

Torrance, CA ➞ Saint George, UT, 403 miles (5/13)
Saint George, UT ➞ Grand Junction, CO, 391 miles (5/14)
Grand Junction, CO ➞ Sterling, CO, 368 miles (5/15)
Sterling, CO ➞ Lincoln, NE, 362 miles (5/16)
Lincoln, NE ➞ Springfield, IL, 431 miles (5/17)
Springfield, IL ➞ Mansfield, OH, 452 miles (5/18)
Mansfield, OH ➞ Niagara Falls, NY, 286 miles (5/19)
Niagara Falls, NY ➞ Westford, MA, 463 miles (5/20)
Westford, MA ➞ Plymouth, MA, 76 miles
Plymouth, MA ➞ West Haven, CT, 157 miles (5/22)
West Haven, CT ➞ Hedgesville, WV, 334 miles (5/23)
Hedgesville, WV ➞ Gatlinburg, TN, 462 miles (5/24)
Gatlinburg, TN ➞ Roswell, GA, 187 miles (5/25) (through smokey mtn N.P.)
Roswell, GA ➞ West Monroe, LA, 519 miles (5/26)
West Monroe, LA ➞ Abilene, TX, 466 miles (5/27)
Abilene, TX ➞ Las Cruces, NM, 501 miles (5/28)
Las Cruces, NM ➞ Phoenix, AZ, 386 miles (5/29)
Phoenix, AZ ➞ Torrance, CA, 391 miles (5/30)
Route is 6,634 miles.

NOTE: So far I've only seen two other Ridgelines, both in Ontario, Ohio.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm reminded how beautiful many parts of our Country is.

My wife and I are traveling transcontinentally to my Nieces wedding. Our route is
What a great trip to take! :wink:
If you can, take pics along the route and post.

·
Registered
784 Posts
When you get down to Plymouth area, be sure to take a spin across Duxbury Bridge out to the Beach, hang a right and take the road out to the Gurnet and visit the Gurnet lighthouse. On a clear day, you will have some spectaular views. Your Ridgeline will have no problems getting out there.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you get down to Plymouth area, be sure to take a spin across Duxbury Bridge out to the Beach, hang a right and take the road out to the Gurnet and visit the Gurnet lighthouse. On a clear day, you will have some spectaular views. Your Ridgeline will have no problems getting out there.
In Plymouth now. Will have to check it out.

If any of you happen to see a California Ridgeline, give a flash of the lights or a toot of the horn.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Quite a trip, an adventure. When you did the run from Hedgesville, WV ➞ Gatlinburg, TN, 462 miles (5/24) did you by chance enjoy some of the Blue Ridge Parkway?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I swear I parked my RL outside in Lincoln, NE that day...You should have seen it. :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quite a trip, an adventure. When you did the run from Hedgesville, WV ➞ Gatlinburg, TN, 462 miles (5/24) did you by chance enjoy some of the Blue Ridge Parkway?
We're heading to Gatlinburg on Wednesday. We'll be going through the Shenandoah national park then about 120 of the blue ridge parkway.

Reactions: 25 Year Honda Owner

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Great stuff! Bet you passed just a little north of me on the leg from Mansfield, OH to Niagara Falls, NY. I'm a little jealous! I love road trips!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
We're heading to Gatlinburg on Wednesday. We'll be going through the Shenandoah national park then about 120 of the blue ridge parkway.
That will be a treat, try to get on the Parkway around Mount Mitchell and stay on it to Cherokee then it is just a short hop over the Smokies to Gatlinburg, about 30 miles or so.The Southern end of the Blue Ridge is awesome with all the overlooks. If you want to stop for the night or a meal I would recommend the Pisgah Inn http://www.pisgahinn.com just past Asheville, a little pricy maybe but good with a great view; they may be booked up. The only concessionaire on the Blue Ridge other than the Peaks of the Otter Lodge.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone here from Roswell GA???

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....or with OK plates driving west on the 20?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts