Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars.com indicated a dealer in N. VA was offering $3300 off their inventory of RTS and RTL models. Apparently the T, E, and BE are hot sellers there, but there is no love for lower trims. Here in Baltimore there is exactly one RTS AWD and the dealer wanted MSRP.

So yesterday I went to VA and did the deal. There was no escaping the ridiculous $599 VA "processing fee" but I still did significantly better than here in town.

thanks to this board as a resource; I knew everything I needed to know, right down to when this VIN was likely delivered to the dealer and how long it had been sitting, thanks to this site.

Ok VW, come and get my diesel now; I'm sad to see it go, but I've moved on!

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,412 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. To others here....don't be afraid to look out of state for great deals.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Good deal, congrats. If the dealers here don't start dealing soon on the lower trims (I think the higher trims are overpriced) I might have to get on a plane and drive one back from VA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal, congrats. If the dealers here don't start dealing soon on the lower trims (I think the higher trims are overpriced) I might have to get on a plane and drive one back from VA.

I bet; I played with the idea of buying in TX when I go for xmas and driving home, but gave up pretty quick. No AWD, and no deals. At least not yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lucien2, Congrats on the R2. We got the same color and AWD. You have better looking rims though. Keep me posted on any upgrades you do.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Congrats,

Enjoy the new RL. So it was it 30k plus destination plus the VA doc fees plus tax and tags for your OTD price?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats,

Enjoy the new RL. So it was it 30k plus destination plus the VA doc fees plus tax and tags for your OTD price?

MSRP= $33,315
Discount=-$3,324
Price= $29,991
Freight/Destination= $900
Processing Fee= $599
MD Sales Tax= $1,889.40
MD Tag, Title, and Registration=346.50
VA Business Tax=53.53

Out the Door Total= $33,779.43

·
Registered
741 Posts
I bet; I played with the idea of buying in TX when I go for xmas and driving home, but gave up pretty quick. No AWD, and no deals. At least not yet.
Congrats and welcome to the ROC! Where did you go in VA to get your RL? Always fun to see other "local" members on these forums! I'm also from Texas... where in Texas are you going for Xmas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats and welcome to the ROC! Where did you go in VA to get your RL? Always fun to see other "local" members on these forums! I'm also from Texas... where in Texas are you going for Xmas?
Honda of Tyson's Corner.

My in-laws recently moved from San Antonio to Spring. :frown:

I loved SA, lived there for 9 years. It's a little like the TX version of Baltimore. Gritty on the outside, but rich and diverse and amazing beneath the surface. Spring is.....well.....a Houston suburb. Meh.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Honda of Tyson's Corner.

My in-laws recently moved from San Antonio to Spring. :frown:

I loved SA, lived there for 9 years. It's a little like the TX version of Baltimore. Gritty on the outside, but rich and diverse and amazing beneath the surface. Spring is.....well.....a Houston suburb. Meh.
Tyson's is quite the drive from Baltimore, but I understand dealing w/ the Beltway to get the best deal possible... after all, what's one day of a$$pain to get a good deal for the long haul, right?! LOL!

You're the first, and probably the only, person I've ever heard compare any city in Texas to a city in the NE, let alone B-more and San Antonio! LOL! That being said, I get the comparo. ;-) I grew up in DFW, went to school at A&M, so I know Spring very well... I dated my fair share of Spring girls. LOL!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice lookin truck! Congrats from another RTS AWD fan :wink:

Reactions: lucien2

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice job! I'm still waiting for vw. Were you always dead set on that trim level? My wife drives the pilot with sensing and I love it. It makes road trips so easy. I'm definitely getting rtl-e or be when I get mine. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice job! I'm still waiting for vw. Were you always dead set on that trim level? My wife drives the pilot with sensing and I love it. It makes road trips so easy. I'm definitely getting rtl-e or be when I get mine. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would have loved an E, if for the Sensing alone. But Honda has decided only rich folks get the safety gear and an RTS is already the most expensive car I've ever bought by several thousand, so there it is. Also, I'm ambivalent about leather. In any event, I'll use my VW money for one of these and then we will really be ready to rock:

https://www.sylvansport.com/camper/pop-up-camper/

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would have loved an E, if for the Sensing alone. But Honda has decided only rich folks get the safety gear and an RTS is already the most expensive car I've ever bought by several thousand, so there it is.
I was pretty much in the same situation - I just couldn't justify the added expense for the high-end cool stuff, but I knew that I wanted the RTS over the RT.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would have loved an E, if for the Sensing alone. But Honda has decided only rich folks get the safety gear and an RTS is already the most expensive car I've ever bought by several thousand, so there it is. Also, I'm ambivalent about leather. In any event, I'll use my VW money for one of these and then we will really be ready to rock:

https://www.sylvansport.com/camper/pop-up-camper/
Hey, that's a really cool lil camper! :wink:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cars.com indicated a dealer in N. VA was offering $3300 off their inventory of RTS and RTL models. Apparently the T, E, and BE are hot sellers there, but there is no love for lower trims. Here in Baltimore there is exactly one RTS AWD and the dealer wanted MSRP.

So yesterday I went to VA and did the deal. There was no escaping the ridiculous $599 VA "processing fee" but I still did significantly better than here in town.

thanks to this board as a resource; I knew everything I needed to know, right down to when this VIN was likely delivered to the dealer and how long it had been sitting, thanks to this site.

Ok VW, come and get my diesel now; I'm sad to see it go, but I've moved on!

MSRP= $33,315
Discount=-$3,324
Price= $29,991
Freight/Destination= $900
Processing Fee= $599
MD Sales Tax= $1,889.40
MD Tag, Title, and Registration=346.50
VA Business Tax=53.53

Out the Door Total= $33,779.43

Congrats on your new RL!! You did well on price, but I am not surprised based on what I've seen with inventories here in NoVa. They just aren't flying off the lots here, especially lower trim levels.

Coming over here from Baltimore is no big deal, either. We head over your way regularly and love visiting your city -- it is a great place!

If I end up with an RL (still doubtful), it will be the same trim as yours (RTS). In my opinion, an AWD RTS represents the best value in the RL line-up. I would like to see them add a manual sliding rear-window, and wish the acoustic windshield was standard on all models. So I am crossing my fingers we'll see some changes in the next year or two.

Still hoping for that larger fuel tank, too (for long-distance towing.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts