Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I need the space/width afforded by a typically yakima cross bar set up. On my 06 ridgeline, I have the factory OEM rack from Honda. I'd very much like to attach a pair of yakima cross bars to this using yakima towers such as the yakima lowrider max or even the yakima rail grab.

The yakima catalog claims that they do not have *any* solution for honda ridgeline with factory rack. Has anyone tried to mount these yakima towers on a ridgeline factory rack with success? Other suggestions appreciated.

regards,
-stephen

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used the yakima lowrider max kit with clamps for a nissan xterra with factory rack (designed for round factory bars) and had to grind the clamps a little. I can post specifics tomorrow and maybe a better picture focusing on the crossbars and mounting system. Very strong and haul up to a 30' ext. ladders or a yakima skybox 16 for xtra luggage.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude you are the man! Please post the specifics with more pics of your work. I am the the same situation. I to, need the width of the yakima bars. Thanks-in-advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey JDuncan:

T hanks kindly for your community service post on the yakima low rider max. I'd partly figure this out on my own after staring at the parts in a local yakima store and borrowing them into the parking lot for a bit. Was the standard t-head bolt that comes with the low rider max long enough for you? It looks like the "C-3" low rider clamps (not for xterra) are a perfect fit with low rider max, but I need 1 inch of extra length on the t-head bolt and every thing should fit perfectly! The normal bolt length is 5 inches. I've been searching on line for a 6 inch replacement bolt. Let me know if you encountered something similar, or if your fit was fine with 5 inch t-head bolt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey guys - I'm not quite there yet - but I'm looking into using the factory roof channel and mounting studs (2009 RTL) as the mounting tabs for Yakima Landing Pads. Once Landing Pads are installed, you can drop Yakima Control Towers on and off as you please. The entire Yakima rack can reside in your garage complete with bike trays and/or kayak mounts (with kayaks pre-loaded if you desire) until you want to transport. You can walk the rack onto the vehicle, flip up the locking levers and you're ready to go - total time maybe 90 seconds. Just another thought on this issue. I will post images as I get to it - should be three or four weeks. hope this helps or adds another dimension to the discussion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Sir9,

Were you able to get it up? Please post up if you have. I am anxious to see the work.

Thanks,

Red

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey. Not there yet. The current plan is AUG as I wandered down an in-bed solution idea. I was going to a race several weeks ago and needed an immediate solution. I took a single 78" Yakima crossbar, cut it to length and let it rest on the two top front bed tie downs. Then I took three black plastic cable ties per side and pulled them tight around the tie down and bar. I used a Kryptonite cable lock looped through another tie down, the bike frame and front wheel (on a Yakima wheel fork) to give it some security. I have two 2" stainless steel U-Bolts coming this week to permanently mount the cross bar. I will post some images when it's complete. Then I'll get back to the original project!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used the yakima lowrider max kit with clamps for a nissan xterra with factory rack (designed for round factory bars) and had to grind the clamps a little. I can post specifics tomorrow and maybe a better picture focusing on the crossbars and mounting system. Very strong and haul up to a 30' ext. ladders or a yakima skybox 16 for xtra luggage.
This is the exact setup I was looking for... so I can fit 66" bars onto the oem rails... Can you show what you had to trim? We'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was checking up the Yakima LowRider Max... so it's made for the bigger oem railed cars. So far I've only found 3 different adapters for them. The C2 adapter that is for the current XTerra's have the round backing (for their round tubes). Is this what worked for the Ridgeline? I wish Yakima would make a new "claw" that will fit our trucks.

Also, the new RailGrab fmo Yakima fits the Xterra... as well as new MDX, Odyssey, Yukon, LX470... etc. Seems pretty universal. Anyone every try it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts