Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
hey guys - I'm not quite there yet - but I'm looking into using the factory roof channel and mounting studs (2009 RTL) as the mounting tabs for Yakima Landing Pads. Once Landing Pads are installed, you can drop Yakima Control Towers on and off as you please. The entire Yakima rack can reside in your garage complete with bike trays and/or kayak mounts (with kayaks pre-loaded if you desire) until you want to transport. You can walk the rack onto the vehicle, flip up the locking levers and you're ready to go - total time maybe 90 seconds. Just another thought on this issue. I will post images as I get to it - should be three or four weeks. hope this helps or adds another dimension to the discussion.

· Registered
42 Posts
hey. Not there yet. The current plan is AUG as I wandered down an in-bed solution idea. I was going to a race several weeks ago and needed an immediate solution. I took a single 78" Yakima crossbar, cut it to length and let it rest on the two top front bed tie downs. Then I took three black plastic cable ties per side and pulled them tight around the tie down and bar. I used a Kryptonite cable lock looped through another tie down, the bike frame and front wheel (on a Yakima wheel fork) to give it some security. I have two 2" stainless steel U-Bolts coming this week to permanently mount the cross bar. I will post some images when it's complete. Then I'll get back to the original project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.