Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main reason for attending this event, besides checking out the outrageous off-road expedition vehicles, is to see if there are vendors (GFC in particular) offering a Cap/RTTent fit for Gen2 Ridglines. Any ROC members plan on attending? Do any of you have similar setups using both the box space and the tent space as living space inside your Ridgeline? I plan on posting my finding upon my return.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My main reason for attending this event, besides checking out the outrageous off-road expedition vehicles, is to see if there are vendors (GFC in particular) offering a Cap/RTTent fit for Gen2 Ridglines. Any ROC members plan on attending? Do any of you have similar setups using both the box space and the tent space as living space inside your Ridgeline? I plan on posting my finding upon my return.
My overland visit included viewing the RLT-BE that was the SEMA concept @ the Honda vendor display. My main interest was the rack mounting as it would pertain to putting a GFC platform on the Ridgeline. According to the Honda sales rep, J-Sport will make it. They put a narrower rise on the rack to accommodate the Yakima RTT. I will attempt to attach pictures. Note the Question mark profile of the mounts which then provides a solid steel top to the bedsides. But because of this the rack, by necessity, becomes a bolt-up affair. I also think the mounting rails comes up short in providing a full length "cap".

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay in replying. Got crossed up in logging on. The GFC guy, Ross, said he would put me on a "wait" list even though now for the present vehicles they fit, they require a $1,000 down payment. I talked to one couple at the Show who put their order for the most popular fitment (Tacoma), and they expect theirs to be ready October '19! I told him about the challenges of fitting the Ridgeline, and told him to check out the Honda SEMA truck display a few exhibit areas away from his. I haven't heard from him, nor (sigh) do I expect to. Maybe by now he has staff that can respond to calls/Emails. The GFC platform Popup a nice set up. Biggest negative is foot room @ the hinge end (I'm 6'3"), but I'd be using it solo and could lay down on an angle. Side swinging tailgate on the RL a real plus for this setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts