Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATTENTION: HONDA Officials.

If you read this forum please note the following.
When this Ridgeline is being sold this April/May, please have the following ready to be installed by the dealerships when I buy this truck. I don't want to have to wait a year for after market to come out.

1. All Weather Floor Mats (easy and I'm sure you already have this covered)
2. level front and back end by lifting the front end slightly
** I would prefer to not rely on an aftermarket lift , Honda please just have an Off Road version
3. Option to have new Tires giving an extra inch of ground clearance
4. Bull Bar or Brush Guard for Front.

I believe you have a quality truck coming out this spring. My wife has a Pilot and that is great for going to the mall and taking our kids places or if we are going on trip to another city. I need this truck to work for me out in the country as well as around town.

Sincerely

Update 1-28-2015: I decided to get a 2016 Tacoma, I placed an order but it will take 8-12 weeks to come in (April 2016). If Honda shows me something, then I will cancel my Toyota order. I'll take a look at the Ridgeline in 2019 and hope they improve on what they showed in Detroit. I love my old Ridgeline and will keep it as a Ranch Truck (aka: getting scratched in the brush) since it has great 4x4 abilities.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lift Kit is a must, but the rest? I could do most of that myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope the Honda officials listen to this.

+1 for the lift so you can level the truck (a maybe but not critical is to also allow a slightly larger tire.) lift front is must

I definitely want the rubber floor mats and front guard but would be ok adding that with after market. Honda needs to coordinate with after market companies so these are available this spring.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Guys,

I hope Honda considers your requests because I'm interested in this stuff too. But I'm sure you understand that chances are not good that Honda will offer anything that changes the ride height or final drive ratio on the Gen2. Similar to Gen1, lifting the RL alters numerous operating angles for the drive train and suspension, changes points of impact and energy absorption during very specific collision testing procedures and increases rollover risk. Larger tires, as you know, will affect gear ratios, spedometer readings and gas mileage...to some degree anyway. I know there are lots of Gen1 RLs out there with aftermarket 2" lift kits that haven't had issues, but according to several ROC threads, others have. I'm betting none of this is news to you.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that Honda will consider developing an Off-Road type package for the Gen2 that enhances ground clearance and increases underbody protection using their own design experience from the Baja race truck...but I'm not holding my breath! Regardless, I do wish you the best of luck with this campaign. We won't get anything if we don't push for it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DogOnBoard,
What you stated may true for some mods.

But when I look at the new Tacoma, they do not seem to have a problem manufacturing a truck with a little more lift and clearance.

You have emphasized even more the point that Honda need to step up and have an off road version so they can engineer the truck to have the lift and 1" larger tires.

Other have stated that these changes would not be for Honda's target demographic
So I say have a single "Sport" edition and then make the other editions as planned.
For my wife to go "Mall Hopping" she will use her Pilot.

This is going to be about sales for Honda.

Small fixes can open up more potential buyers.

1. Put a lock on the tail gate (more handy men/workers will buy) they need a cover over the bed and can lock the tail gate to keep tools and equipment in it.

2. Have a sport package with a lift for those of us who ranch/hunt or just like the looks of a slight lift.

These are just a couple of corrections from a long list that could maximize sales and keep the Ridgline around for many years.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
If you want a Rock Crawler go buy something else...haha

I agree, it should be obvious by now Honda does not want to make the vehicle you want but rather the one they think you should want.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I agree, it should be obvious by now Honda does not want to make the vehicle you want but rather the one they think you should want.
Haha, I only said Rock Crawler because that's all I hear on here every time I express interest in an off-road version RL. Too many people on here think any thing to do off-road is rock crawling.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Haha, I only said Rock Crawler because that's all I here on here every time I express interest in an off-road version RL. Too many people on here think any thing to do off-road is rock crawling.
I got over it and dont know for sure but may have started it just like the Maller. Now I'll keep usin them terms. We never axed for a crawler but Hondas truck is way more a maller.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
No disrespect to anybody here who likes the new RL or wishes to anticipate aftermarket kits but one thing about Honda is this.... They don't care about any of that stuff at all! They don't care so much about the fan or the loyalty or the lets build it for a wide audience.

What you see is what you will get, if it fits into your life and you like the look, its like pigs in mud. If it doesn't its no skin off their back and those folks will have to move on.

One line I heard time after time in the entire message from the host of the show yesterday was... Look what we have done with past vehicles look how the civic is selling it went on and on for 10 mins, I don't care who they are we are here to talk about the getting back in the game is about, and what you plan on doing with the "truck' in the family. The best line was " and we did it OUR way" which means who cares what others are doing, its what we want and thats it. Take it or leave it.

I will take my 50k and go elsewhere because not a chance I'm going to hand over 57K for a black version to only wait for parts on to make it the way I wanted it in the first place. Makes no sense to me, plus the warranty is voided after those parts go on. Why? because they don't want that stuff on their they never did.

·
Registered
744 Posts

Nothing wrong with voting with your wallet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The question is how are the wheel wells going to affect putting a larger tire on? Will it still have the crappy design like gen 1 were you can only step up an inch max before you have to start grinding or will a 2-4in taller tire be possible without hacking away at the wheel well? With a 2inch lift and 2-4in taller and wider A/T or M/T tire I bet the truck would look pretty good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will take my 50k and go elsewhere because not a chance I'm going to hand over 57K for a black version to only wait for parts on to make it the way I wanted it in the first place. Makes no sense to me, plus the warranty is voided after those parts go on. Why? because they don't want that stuff on their they never did.
I'm hoping the Black Edition will be closer to $40K
I like the black rims but not willing to pay $45K+
If that occurs then I'm back to looking at Tacomas
I want to buy another Honda. I hope their price will be acceptable to me.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think it will be more acceptable for you, it may be that 42-45K for me it will be a 50K plus vehicle no doubt there at all.

It might workout for you I can swallow that cost if I was in that ballgame and interested in a midsize truck with its ability but also its limitations. That is if it were not impeding what I need it to do which unfortunetely it will. (probably) I don't know all the specs yet)

·
Registered
971 Posts
The question is how are the wheel wells going to affect putting a larger tire on? Will it still have the crappy design like gen 1 were you can only step up an inch max before you have to start grinding or will a 2-4in taller tire be possible without hacking away at the wheel well? With a 2inch lift and 2-4in taller and wider A/T or M/T tire I bet the truck would look pretty good.
Bingo thats the other point. The last truck could handle one size up that is 245's but anything bigger and it would rub which means cutting the space back in the front wheel area to accept the tire. After buying a new truck cutting is the last thing I would do, again voids all sorts of warranty if something goes wrong. Then try selling it to a nice family man who is an accountant. He probably doesn't care about that stuff so much or at all.

I guess the question is, what does the new Pilot accept? I think that would answer a great deal in this regard.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,602 Posts
Martyn is in Canada in case you didn't figure that out. His numbers don't really mean much to those of us in the US market.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear Honda,

Please give me a truck like this picture or at least have a factory lift option to bring the front even with the back. This pic is simply lifting the front end only slightly to bring even with the back. As a business, sales should dictate decisions. This simple modification will increase sales.

Sincerely

Attachments

1 - 20 of 101 Posts