Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't as ominous as the title of this thread makes it sound. I need all Ridge owners help for a small problem. This is in regards to the sensor light indicator on the drivers side panel. My indicator kept getting pushed down when I put my elbow on it. I finally took it to the dealer and he sent away for parts. The dealer installed a new panel with sensor light indicator, guess what? It still does it. I went back in to the dealer and the service manager check every Ridgeline on the lot, plus two that were in for oil changes and every single one of them this occurs. If you put pressure on the front part of the indicator button, it will push down and it will not come back up on its' own. The manager took pictures of the problem and sent it to corporate and they say only one other person has seen this, but that they would check and see if the problem occurs on any at the factory. What I would like all of you to do, is check your Ridge. Put a little pressure on the front portion of the button and see if it pushes down. If you take a knife, you can pry it back into place yourself, but let the dealer do it. Evidently, the plastic the sensor sits on, is spaced just a little too far apart and it will spread even farther with just a little pressure. I know I'm asking you to do something that you really don't want to do, but this problem should not exist, even though it's minor. I also know that Corporate won't do anything unless the problem is wide spread, so HELP! Ridgelover on this site also has this problem.

Thanks,

Dave :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Vertrkr, but I feel Honda should correct, as it is inherent to all Ridges that I've seen. :) Oh and maybearidge, cankles maybe, but I'm thin. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went to my truck and checked the manual and can not figure out where the sensor light indicator is.

·
Registered
311 Posts
hagerswami said:
This isn't as ominous as the title of this thread makes it sound. I need all Ridge owners help for a small problem. This is in regards to the sensor light indicator on the drivers side panel. My indicator kept getting pushed down when I put my elbow on it. I finally took it to the dealer and he sent away for parts. The dealer installed a new panel with sensor light indicator, guess what? It still does it. I went back in to the dealer and the service manager check every Ridgeline on the lot, plus two that were in for oil changes and every single one of them this occurs. If you put pressure on the front part of the indicator button, it will push down and it will not come back up on its' own. The manager took pictures of the problem and sent it to corporate and they say only one other person has seen this, but that they would check and see if the problem occurs on any at the factory. What I would like all of you to do, is check your Ridge. Put a little pressure on the front portion of the button and see if it pushes down. If you take a knife, you can pry it back into place yourself, but let the dealer do it. Evidently, the plastic the sensor sits on, is spaced just a little too far apart and it will spread even farther with just a little pressure. I know I'm asking you to do something that you really don't want to do, but this problem should not exist, even though it's minor. I also know that Corporate won't do anything unless the problem is wide spread, so HELP! Ridgelover on this site also has this problem.

Thanks,

Dave :)

Either I'm really dense or really jetlagged (or both) but I don't get it. What sensor where? What? I would go out to my truck right now and check (I got a pimp parking spot today :)), but I honestly can't fathom what I should be checking. Clarification please?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Grok Lobster is correct. It is not a sensor, it is the red LED that blinks to let thiefs know that the Honda security system is active. It is directly above the lock on the door adjacent to the window. Do not look at the power door lock button, look at the acutal door lock itself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nevadagarth said:
Grok Lobster is correct. It is not a sensor, it is the red LED that blinks to let thiefs know that the Honda security system is active. It is directly above the lock on the door adjacent to the window. Do not look at the power door lock button, look at the acutal door lock itself.
Both of you are right, I never said it was a sensor. It's an indicator light right next to the manual door lock. It's pretty hard for me to describe other than the above. This isn't a major problem, just an annoiance. Thanks for all of your input. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine fell down about a month ago. Waiting for the next trip to the service dept.
I will let them fix it and then go push on it and see if it does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^^^ Good to know......... 'cause I ain't gonna try it.

Besides, my elbow doesn't go anywhere near that LED. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

A fix for it should be easy enough for Honda to figure out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
mugen1 said:
^^^ Good to know......... 'cause I ain't gonna try it.

Besides, my elbow doesn't go anywhere near that LED. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

A fix for it should be easy enough for Honda to figure out.
I'm with mugen. Now that I know that it's a problem, I'm not going to touch it. Hopefully, there will be a recall on that part and we can get it fixed permanently in a few months time.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
hagerswami said:
Both of you are right, I never said it was a sensor. It's an indicator light right next to the manual door lock. It's pretty hard for me to describe other than the above. This isn't a major problem, just an annoiance. Thanks for all of your input. :)
Don't take offense but you actually referred to it as a "sensor light indicator". That threw some of the readers off. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had that issue and took to the dealer and they replaced and all is well. He informed me it looked as if the clip that holds it in place was damaged and just pushed in place to hold it. They replaced the clip and LED and has not happened since.

Good luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ridgeln said:
&^@$%@$%#[email protected]!!!!

Ok, so now I finally have a "problem" w/ my RL - I barely applied any pressure to this and it fell in! The side to the rear of the vehicle is now indented. Darn!

-ridgeln
Sorrrry! I now definitely know that the problem exists on all of the (I guess) Ridges. Don't anyone else do this. I did have the whole panel replaced and it still does it. For some of us, it is evidently in the wrong place and will push down whether we want it to or not. The Service Manager is going to let me know if there is a fix to this or not. Thanks everybody, sorry Ridgeln. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts