Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to purchase an ATV but not sure how it will fit in the bed. anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Depends on the model of ATV. Some are longer and wider than others (Touring models, Polaris vs. Honda etc)

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 2005 Polaris Sportsman fits perfectly with the hatch down. I use a Louisiana Guard dog from the RL hitch to the hitch of the Polaris to keep it in the bed with the ramps under the ATV.

Never had an issue, looks awesome too.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Most will fit, but it's a tight squeeze and a pain to get on and off when it's in the bed and attaching front tiedowns isn't very handy. Try to have someone watching when loading so you don't smash into your back window. Many here have suggested sitting the wheelbase on wood planks to lessen the weight on the tailgate. When I got my first Ridgeline I put my ATV in the back just to see and that's when I discovered the above, so then I bought a 4x7 trailer. So much easier and quicker.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have an 03 rancher 350 4x4 and it fits great in the bed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
looking to purchase an ATV but not sure how it will fit in the bed. anyone have any experience with this?
I haul my Honda 420 rancher into the backcountry all the time without a problem. Four tie downs used on the factory tie cleats and aluminum folding ramps to load and unload. The ramps slide nicely under the quad after it's loaded. I repaired an Arctic Cat 500 which is bigger than mine and delivered to the owner no problem. I load and unload without any assistance as I use the rear tiedowns to secure the ramps. Very easy process and the tailgate is not an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts