Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than in-bed audio - I wish Honda would partner with a premium audio company for the system in their higher end models (a la Nissan and Rockford Fosgate, Toyota and JBL). My wife has a Nissan Juke and the Rockford Fosgate system in that things really jams. Her Juke will turn into my 2017 Ridgeline in a couple of months, and my 2015 Pilot will go to her. The 12 speaker plus Sub system in Honda's are not that impressive compared to others out there.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Now that Honda has gone the fully integrated route, audio fans are S.O.L. without by-passing the entire set up and going full custom including a new control center mounted somewhere other than the primary dash display. Sony recently introduced an app centric control center you don't need to see or access, which *might be* the first aftermarket effort to stick it to OEM's by working around their damned integration efforts.

Bluetooth® Car Stereo with MP3 | RSX-GS9 | Sony US

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The only easy upgrade is going to be replacing the speakers.
Honda will probably continue using their cheap paper cones in flimsy plastic frames.

Of course, no word on what the sizes will be yet. But based on what Crutchfield says for the 2016 Pilot, front + rears will likely be shallow-mount 6-1/2"

Chip H.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they would just offer premium speakers - that would be a nice upgrade.. I guess I may have to do that myself.. I updated the speakers in my 09 RL on my own and it made a world of difference (I did not update the subwoofer).

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I predict that in a year or two, the big aftermarket guys out there will crack this nut, and one way or another will provide audio solutions for even the newest, most integrated systems. They just have to figure it out & get creative. ... mother of invention stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts