Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not out yet, but I figured I'd start a thread. I'm sure someone on here will be quicker to find them than me.

·
Administrator
16,016 Posts
They are usually released on the 2nd of each month. I mentioned in another thread that I think they'll be less than what was hoped for whether that's due to low demand or low availability or a combination thereof. We'll know in 24 hours!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
We can probably infer a top end sales number just from the VINs going out. 6000 sold through end of July, 9000+ VINs just arriving, 1000 units on lots? 2k?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not 24h.... now! :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,016 Posts
Not 24h.... now! :)
June 2016 (one week) = 2,247
July 2016 (first full month) = 3,518
August 2016 (second full month) = 3,437

Not great, but good. I'll bet that is a number Honda will take - especially with what appears to be a limited supply. So far, so good.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Cars.com really FOS then, showing inventory of 2500 RLs, of which 3 out of 4 or so have lower VINs than those total sales numbers. I appreciate that LAX already got his 9000 VIN, but the evidence on this board suggest most of those people are waiting. And can see the RLs on lots... Not that is matter... 8000 or 9000 sold, but it seems like there might be some cooking, do they just count what they have sold to dealers?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I know record sales (back when there were records) where about units shipped to stores and in no way what-so-ever reflected customers buying them. Which is why certain artist's record would go platinum the first week. They weren't selling that many that quickly, the stores anticipated the sales, or more likely the record companies made them buy them in larger blocks.

I have no idea how car sales do it, but in this day and age with computer tracking it could easily be units actually sold to customers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was at Rock Honda in Fontana last weekend picking up some parts. They had 3 RL's on their lot. One right up front and two in the staging area that had not been washed in awhile. I decided to look at the body gaps as it was timely with another thread. One was horrid, two were very, very good and consistent. The HORID one was VIN .....1679. That dealership has sold a bit over 600 vehicles since that RL landed on their lot, yet there is sits. These things aren't being sold in any appreciable number, at least not in Southern California. I drive about 25-30K miles a year all over the southland and have yet to see one on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not seen too many on lots around here. The BE's were spoken for right away. There seems to be some interest as they are not sitting on the lots very long. With that said, I have not seen any on the roads!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You haven't seen mine on the 210? Actually I've yet to see another one. Feel kind of lonely. The only ones left on lots usually have all the add ons that really jack up the price. That or they are all fwd. The dealer I bought mine from a month ago told me then that they are not going to be getting anymore for few months. My father in law wants an awd rtl-t and is just waiting for more to come out and the price to drop below msrp. I think these are going to be a big seller once that happens. There is nothing else like it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting #s...
Now, can they do it 2 months in a row?

Canadian truck sales:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Interesting #s...
Now, can they do it 2 months in a row?

Canadian truck sales:
Living on the border and having a cottage in Central ON, I'm not surprised by the numbers. Canadians buy a lot of trucks as a percentage of overall vehicles and are smarter about it than we are in the States (hence why RAM is more popular in Canada - they appreciate the ride and refinement).

Always A LOT of RL sales in Ontario (and even here in Western NY) vs the 'norm' for North America. I've actually seen a G2 'in the wild' in Norland, ON which is an accomplishment with the size of the country vs vehicles sold.

Still deciding whether to buy a RL Touring in Canada or RTL-E here in the States. Not so much logistics and exchange rate as it is trading my 2015 RAM i.e. easier to trade in the States and offset the 8.75% sales tax. I lose features and pay a little more, however, in USD for a RTL-E vs a Canadian Touring.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You haven't seen mine on the 210? Actually I've yet to see another one. Feel kind of lonely. The only ones left on lots usually have all the add ons that really jack up the price. That or they are all fwd. The dealer I bought mine from a month ago told me then that they are not going to be getting anymore for few months. My father in law wants an awd rtl-t and is just waiting for more to come out and the price to drop below msrp. I think these are going to be a big seller once that happens. There is nothing else like it.
ha ha...not yet. Maybe Tuesday.

Norm Reeves has 12 RTL-T on their lot, 11 of them FWD, 1 Black on Black AWD, sticker doesn't appear to have any add ons.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Re: August numbers

If the numbers are close to accurate I wonder if North American sales of the GM midsize truck (Canyon+Colorado) will eclipse sales of the Tacoma in 2017.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts