Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time poster here. I am currently in the Phoenix area but plan on moving down to Austin in less than 2 months. How are Austiin are Ridgeline prices? I've considered getting a Ridgeline here because I can get one for $400 under invoice.
I'm considering waiting because I will be buying a house in Austin and thought it may be best to wait in case it affects financing in any way. I'm looking to get an Amazon Green RTL w/ Nav. I've also considered waiting until '07 for all the bugs to get worked out and until Honda's Ipod adapter comes out (see apple.com) which may be a while for the Ridgeline.
I made the mistake of test driving this vehicle and am now ready to trade in my 03 V6 Accord for something just like it but with more utility. I am extremely impressed with the vehicle, but like others am afraid of first year bugs (even though my 03 Accord has given my no trouble).
Please let me know about Ridgeline prices (RTL w/ Nav) in the Austin area.
Thanks!

L

·
0 Posts
outdoorguy said:
First time poster here. I am currently in the Phoenix area but plan on moving down to Austin in less than 2 months. How are Austiin are Ridgeline prices? I've considered getting a Ridgeline here because I can get one for $400 under invoice.
I'm considering waiting because I will be buying a house in Austin and thought it may be best to wait in case it affects financing in any way. I'm looking to get an Amazon Green RTL w/ Nav. I've also considered waiting until '07 for all the bugs to get worked out and until Honda's Ipod adapter comes out (see apple.com) which may be a while for the Ridgeline.
I made the mistake of test driving this vehicle and am now ready to trade in my 03 V6 Accord for something just like it but with more utility. I am extremely impressed with the vehicle, but like others am afraid of first year bugs (even though my 03 Accord has given my no trouble).
Please let me know about Ridgeline prices (RTL w/ Nav) in the Austin area.
Thanks!
Welcome outdoorguy. We are looking forward to seeing you in your Ridgeline even if it is Amazon Green. I know zero will love to hear this. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Austin Ridgeline Owners:

I am hoping you can help and also I hope this is going to the right place. I am not all that familiar with this system.

I also have a Ridgeline (red) awesome truck. I hope you may be able to answer my questions or let me know who I can contact for testimonials on hauling. I want to purchase a horse trailer approx. 21oo lbs and my horse is approx. 1500 lbs. According to the manual I should be okay. I live in BC, Canada in the north. Lots of hills and mountains. Before I spend the money on a trailer I would like to know that I won't be holding everybody up on the road.

Some of the men here told me they thought that the Honda was too light and I would cause harm to the truck and also would be holding up people on the road.

I need confirmation from somebody who has done this before before I spend my hard earned dollars. Waiting for a reply. Thanks you.

Gloria:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Gloria said:
Hello Austin Ridgeline Owners:

I am hoping you can help and also I hope this is going to the right place. I am not all that familiar with this system.

I also have a Ridgeline (red) awesome truck. I hope you may be able to answer my questions or let me know who I can contact for testimonials on hauling. I want to purchase a horse trailer approx. 21oo lbs and my horse is approx. 1500 lbs. According to the manual I should be okay. I live in BC, Canada in the north. Lots of hills and mountains. Before I spend the money on a trailer I would like to know that I won't be holding everybody up on the road.

Some of the men here told me they thought that the Honda was too light and I would cause harm to the truck and also would be holding up people on the road.

I need confirmation from somebody who has done this before before I spend my hard earned dollars. Waiting for a reply. Thanks you.

Gloria:
Hi Gloria... and welcome!

Search for posts by Hez -- I believe she trailers horses regularly, without problems. And she's from "up north," too, like you!

Try this post, for example: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83866&postcount=3

Check this post, too, by rtboy: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=91871&postcount=7

Have you checked out the rest of this site yet? Lots of good info for you here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am hoping to be an Austin area Ridge owner.

We live up in NW Austin, almost in Cedar Park and my wife and I area really interested in the Steel Blue. If all goes well, we will be hanging around in the same area!

I wonder if I saw you driving around the 183/Mopac area the other day as it was the first Steel Blue Ridge I have seen on the road in Austin. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
:D

We brought home the Steel Blue Metallic RTL this afternoon after a road trip from Gillman Honda in Rosenberg.

FYI, they were really competitive on their pricing and the salesman I dealt with was excellent. PM me if you are interested as I would not hesitate to send you his informtion.

We absolutely love the ride our Ridge gave us and my In-Laws were in love with it, just like we are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Austin Here. '06 Billet Silver RTL w/Nav. Just had First Texas Honda install side door moldings and the technician installed them un-evenly. It looks aweful and the service manager stated they will be able to remove and replace with new ones. Has anyone else experienced this? I have had great luck with First Texas Honda in the past but am now very, very concerned about their service department.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Lake Travis area.....bought from Howdy Honda Oct. 05.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2222 near Mesa here. Just picked up the RL Thursday Afternoon in San Antonio from Gunn Honda. Amazing experience and price, highly recommended.

Thanks all for a great community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new owner as well. Picked up a new silver 07 RTS in San Marcos - waiting on my 20" rims to come in. I'll be selling my 4 stock tires soon if you are interested - I'll probably sell all 4 at a slight discount when compared to buying one at a time - to get rid of them fast.

I live in Austin near Round Rock & Cedar Park.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the group, although I've been reviewing the thread on hacking the nav system for awhile - as a guest.

I'm in Round Rock, enjoying the newish toll road - used to take 45 minutes to 1 hour to take my kids to school - can do it in about 22 minutes now.

I've been putting many troublefree miles on the truck. No problems to date...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Livin in Cedar Park and lovin it. Just picked up a steel blue RTL w/NAV the day after Christmas for the wife. We love the truck and look forward to a lot longer lifespan than the last bow-tie she had.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thought I'd post here since NO ONE here in Waco has replied. I've seen the ROC sticker on a few windsheilds here and about 4 RL, but no one has replied to my thread. :confused:

I'm new here. Just drove in from northern ohio a few months ago and am quickly becoming acustom to yawls driving habits. Hit the brakes, slam the gas and give it hell!!!:D Does anyone know or plan on having a meet sometime this summer?close-by?:confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just north of Austin in Round Rock here. Had the Ridge for almost 3 months now and love it. Maybe we can do a Central Texas roundup sometime.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im here. i also just moved from phoenix.

I work near the airport and live in kyle. I was living up off parmer. while there is a bunch of stuff there the drive past down town was really bad. so i moved south.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone. I just became a Ridgeline owner last week, I look forward to crusing these threads and learning. Does anyone in the Austin area know of a custom shop for our Ridgeline's? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spicewood ( HWY 71 West of Austin ) on Lake Travis.

New 08' RT, love it so far ;) !

JQ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts