Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whenever i put the heat/ac on auto it always seems as if the air is only blowing from the front windshield defroster. Does anyone else notice this? Or is there possibly something wrong with my "Auto" climate control system. Even after like a 20min drive, it is still blowing ONLY from the windsheild defroster. I have to manually switch it for it to blow air from somewere else.

· Registered
573 Posts
Same here...I guess it defaults to that. Personally is wish it was the middle and bottom vents. Or at least I wish the fan speed would kick down once it's at the set temperature.
I wonder if it's like this in all Honda vehicles with Auto climate.

· Registered
283 Posts
Yes! I have to turn the temp way down to get it to blow through the AC vents. I also noticed that my RTL doesn't have a Max Air function. Bummer. Seems like if the outside temp. is lower than the AC temp. setting it will do that. Haven't really checked but I thought it was defaulting to the heater lower duct.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i don't know. It wasn't like that in my 2000 TL or 06 TSX. On "auto" it blew from the bottom vents/top vents when the system felt necessary to do so. Thats why i am confused haha.

· Registered
408 Posts
This is from my experience only including other vehicles with auto climate. In hot weather, auto defaults to front vents or sometimes front/bottom vents. In cold weather, auto defaults to bottom vents or sometimes bottom/windshield. I really miss how you can still see which cycle is set even if its on auto. On the RL all it says is auto and I have to guess the cycle.

· Registered
124 Posts
I think it depends on the temp outside and what the inside temp is set for. I got mine in August and live in an area where it's 100F+ outside in the Summer. I could have it set on Auto and 75 degrees and it would blow out the front. Now when it's colder I'd have to set it quite low to get it to do that. If it's 40 degrees outside when I get in now and it's set for 68 in Auto then it doesn't blow out the front until the inside temp gets up to 68... Then if I set to 66 it'll blow out the front. This is my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.