Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took delivery on Saturday of my new RTL SR/Nav (Amazon green). All is well so far....I tried to get the new updated DVD but no avail there, they said I can only have the one that came with the truck....on a side note, I tried my best to get an auto dimming mirror thrown in. They would only sell me the mirror with wiring harness for $298 and initially 4 hours of labor ($80 per hour). I managed to get that cut back to 2 hours of labor.
Did anyone else get this installed, if so, what did you pay? Thanks!!

Brian in CT

·
Registered
127 Posts
brian1972ct said:
Well, I took delivery on Saturday of my new RTL SR/Nav (Amazon green). All is well so far....I tried to get the new updated DVD but no avail there, they said I can only have the one that came with the truck....on a side note, I tried my best to get an auto dimming mirror thrown in. They would only sell me the mirror with wiring harness for $298 and initially 4 hours of labor ($80 per hour). I managed to get that cut back to 2 hours of labor.
Did anyone else get this installed, if so, what did you pay? Thanks!!

Brian in CT

I'm lucky enough to have a buddy that works at honda doing accessary installs. I can ask him how long he thinks that'll take. My Sales rep got me his price for Side Steps, Bug Guard, Fog Lights, Tail Light Garnish and Motorcycle Tire Stand for the bed. I paid less than $1000 for all that and my friend is doing the install for a case of beer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I would also appreciate anyone else's info on what they paid for it installed....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
brian1972ct said:
Thanks, I would also appreciate anyone else's info on what they paid for it installed....
I got the dealer to throw it in for $120.00 they claim it was there cost without labor.. the labor they tossed in because of many screw ups in the deal process. perhaps you could trade the non availability of the nav disk for the mirror.
I like the mirror for the dimming function, but also like the compass. I love the nav system, but do not always use it, as I'm mostly local, and know the streets better than the DVD. You need to look at the little red pointer on the Nav, then figure what the other directions are, as it always points only north.The compass is handy at a glance and is always right on the money, .. anyway its worth it even if I paid full price... also they installed in less than 1/2 hour.. don't let them fool ya!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering about the wiring harness, but how come H & A sells the harness as well?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
brian1972ct said:
I was wondering about the wiring harness, but how come H & A sells the harness as well?
I looked and did not see the harness at H&A :confused: . they sell the mirror for $208
The harness comes from the factory. I wouldnt buy another... no need.

·
Registered
127 Posts
TheRidgester said:
I got the dealer to throw it in for $120.00 they claim it was there cost without labor.. the labor they tossed in because of many screw ups in the deal process. perhaps you could trade the non availability of the nav disk for the mirror.
I like the mirror for the dimming function, but also like the compass. I love the nav system, but do not always use it, as I'm mostly local, and know the streets better than the DVD. You need to look at the little red pointer on the Nav, then figure what the other directions are, as it always points only north.The compass is handy at a glance and is always right on the money, .. anyway its worth it even if I paid full price... also they installed in less than 1/2 hour.. don't let them fool ya!

You can change the Nav system to always point North or to point in the actuall direction you are moving. There is a little triangle in the upper left of the screen, touch it and it will alternate between the two.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Installing the mirror isn't a big deal, I did it in about 30 minutes.

Get your accessories online and either install them yourself or get your favorite local garage to do it

Remember some dealerships charge MSRP+ for accessories and parts!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer wants $298 for the mirror/harness and $160 for labor.....remember the RTL/Nav doesnt have a harness like the non Nav units do.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
brian1972ct said:
My dealer wants $298 for the mirror/harness and $160 for labor.....remember the RTL/Nav doesnt have a harness like the non Nav units do.....
So does that mean you use the new harness that comes with the mirror, or does it mean that the Nav units have no harness to connect to at all?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EBone said:
So does that mean you use the new harness that comes with the mirror, or does it mean that the Nav units have no harness to connect to at all?
Both, if I had gotten the mirror with the blue compass, this wouldnt be an issue. However, Honda left that out on Nav units, so there is no harness or power going to the mirror....and yes a new auto dimming mirror would come with a new wiring harness....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
brian1972ct said:
I have the nav /RTL and added the mirror...all wiring is in place to install the mirror...

·
Registered
138 Posts
TheRidgester said:
I have the nav /RTL and added the mirror...all wiring is in place to install the mirror...
Thanks Ridgester. I was starting to think there was no power/etc. wired in the roof on Nav units to connect to at all. From your post it sees there is a wiring jack present, even on the Nav models, that the new dimming/compass mirror harness connects to so both the dimming and compass features work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am still trying to figure out what people paid total (installed etc).....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am the least mechanical person I know, so installing it myself would never work....any one else have a dealer installed price?

·
Registered
146 Posts
brian1972ct said:
Both, if I had gotten the mirror with the blue compass, this wouldnt be an issue. However, Honda left that out on Nav units, so there is no harness or power going to the mirror....and yes a new auto dimming mirror would come with a new wiring harness....
The installation is a piece of cake. See the H and A instructions for a guide to locate the wire cable connector here:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/ridgeline/automirror.pdf

I made a post here:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2021&page=2&pp=10
that has a few pictures of the cables hanging down from the headliner. In my case, I have an RTL with NAV an wanted the blue compass mirror. (not included in NAV models) I found one on eBay and swapped it with the stock mirror.

The mirror just twists off the the glass mount. The auto dim mirror must have a short cable included that plugs into the connector on the left in my photo.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I gave in and had the dealer install it today, $288 for the mirror and an hour install ($77).....now I am happy :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts