Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not just the driver's door.

Come on. This is easy. You can still fix it on my Ridgeline with a software update.

This is annoying as hell.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
This is certainly one of the bigger gripes RL owners have. Last week I had a telephone survey and I told her that was one of mine. She seemed to know it was a complaint by others as well.

I am sure it is something they will change in the future, and hopefully not leave us 'first year' buyers hanging :cool:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I traded in a 2002 TrailBlazer for the RL. I LOVE MY RL, but the TrailBlazer had a feature where you could determine how you wanted the doors to unlock, if you wanted any to unlock.

You could have all, drivers only or none.

Now for me, when I worked in Trenton, NJ, I left it for none to unlock. Didn't want the door to unlock unless I wanted it to.

I guess the strange thing is this... we get too used to technology doing things for us. Remember the day when we had to lock and unlock all doors manually?

:)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Skywalker said:
Seems like it was only yesterday.... :rolleyes: Anybody else remember the 60's?
Not much. Too much drugs.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
bellteck said:
STAMP - Auto door unlock thread # 9922345.2

Maybe we should make the SEARCH button really really big at the top? :rolleyes:
Actually if you check the search for this, this is the first one in the Dear Honda section, although there are other notes they are distinctly different. There are Dear Honda notes that include this complaint but not one dedicated to this issue.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Skywalker said:
Seems like it was only yesterday.... :rolleyes: Anybody else remember the 60's?

Our 2003 Accord EX-Leather has power locks, but none of teh doors lock or unlock unless you do it yourself.

Guess that's what I meant.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
There are 3 settings available for auto-lock that can be set by your dealer, none of them does all the doors at same time. I saw this in a Ridgeline brochure for customers at the dealer so Honda is definitely aware of this shortcoming to make mention in a public document. If I remember correctly, it dealt with option 1 being auto lock when gear lever goes to drive, option 2 when vehicle reaches 9 miles per hour, and option 3 is a total disable of the feature so you are on lock it yourself mode.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
BillB said:
There are 3 settings available for auto-lock that can be set by your dealer, none of them does all the doors at same time. I saw this in a Ridgeline brochure for customers at the dealer so Honda is definitely aware of this shortcoming to make mention in a public document. If I remember correctly, it dealt with option 1 being auto lock when gear lever goes to drive, option 2 when vehicle reaches 9 miles per hour, and option 3 is a total disable of the feature so you are on lock it yourself mode.
Just a slight correction, this is in the owner's manual and you set it yourself, no dealer needed.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Manual? What's that? Who needs it when I can just ask the ROC? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
BillB said:
And option 4 is an aftermarket system, I just put a new alarm (Clifford) in my '96 Accord EX coupe. We had it installed with "priority locks". It is set to only unlock the driver's side with the keyless entry, on the first push. The second will unlock the other (could be 3 others). The doors lock when the car is started. When you stop, only the doors you opened to get in open when you shut off. I.E. if you have a passenger, they unlock - if you didn't, they dont. This makes my wife very happy! Now if I only had a Honda to drive for myself.

·
Registered
579 Posts
OK.

I tried Option 3 today twice and had no luck diabling this "feature". Any advice is very welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Embo, you have to do it EXACTLY as the manual states. No shortcuts, no assumptions. Just be a robot and follow the directions to the letter. Make sure that you disable both the auto lock and auto unlock, or else you won't have full manual control. If it makes you feel better, it took me three tries myself before I got it right. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks Shovel. I'll be diligent. I followed the directions for option three to the letter. I wasn't aware I had to do the others. I'll read the manual again and give it another shot.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
You MUST NOT ASSUME!!! If the manual says "set emergency brake" and you look down and it's already set, release it and reset it. If it says "Open the door" and it's already open, close it and open it again....you get the picture. :eek:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I get it. A+B+C+D equals success. Hopefully. Did you just do the option you wanted or did you have to do some combination of all three options? What I really WANT is for the doors to ALL unlock either when I put it in park or turn it off, whichever.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
No. You only get three choices. They have been listed here and in the manual. Combining choices can lead to strange results. I chose full disablement of both locking and unlocking, and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Embo_9 said:
I get it. A+B+C+D equals success. Hopefully. Did you just do the option you wanted or did you have to do some combination of all three options? What I really WANT is for the doors to ALL unlock either when I put it in park or turn it off, whichever.
This is not in the program, therefore it cannot happen. If you do a search on the subject automatic door unlock, you will realize this. IT WILL ONLY UNLOCK THE DRIVERS DOOR AND NO OTHER! :cool:

1 - 20 of 131 Posts