Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says I have 3 Options to setting up auto door unlock. However, can't seem to get any of them to work. Is there a solution that allows the doors to unlock when the shifter is put in park or ignition turned off ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried changing the preset as well and here's the deal. Follow the instructions carefuly. When it says to put the ignition in the on position (II) don't actually start the ignition, just put the key in position II. It took me a few tries to figure that out. It will not work if the engine is running.
Good luck,
Matt

Oh, and by the way - it only unlocks the driver door, not all of the doors, if you select the option for unlock when key is turned to off. I don't know about the option for when you put it in park, though.....FWIW

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Initially, I was a bit annoyed at the whole door unlocking thing. Now I'm accustomed to unlocking things when I have passengers in the car. Just one of those things. Have you tried the roll down window with the key remote? I think that is a neat feature. I thought, "why don't they let you do that to roll the windows up?" I realized it was more of a safety concern since from a distance if someone had their head sticking out of an open window and you activated the key remote...you could just imagine the calls Honda would be getting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could only get one of hte options to work on the 3 door lock options, I TURNED THEM OFF ALL TOGETHER, so now the doors just do not auto lock at all, alot easier to
deal with than being the passenger and having to unlock the doors at each stop. Maybe the dealer will have a fix when it goes back in for the first service

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm gonna do this too, Big Dog. Let us know if you ever hear of a Service solution to this annoyance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Matthew:

Thanks for clue-ing me into the obvious on not starting the engine. The door lock change worked great once I did that!

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts