Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Mine too! And you can use the key in the fob to put them up!!! Why doesn't the dealer inform about these things?
Gotta say... my dealer *did* go over this... In fact, it was one of the best pre-delivery run-throughs I've ever had...

· Registered
11 Posts
My RLT-T bought this week will make windows go down with key & remote. All windows stop moving down when the key is turn to center or when the unlock button on remote is released. But closing the windows only works with the key. A trip to dealer for me.

· Registered
46 Posts
Ridgeline17. That's the way it is designed. You can put the windows down with the fob. If you releases the unlock button, they will stop. You can only put them all up at once by holding the key in the lock position. If you turn the key to the center position, the action will stop. Sounds like those functions are working like they're supposed to on your RTL-T.

· Registered
98 Posts
Ridgeline17. That's the way it is designed. You can put the windows down with the fob. If you releases the unlock button, they will stop. You can only put them all up at once by holding the key in the lock position. If you turn the key to the center position, the action will stop. Sounds like those functions are working like they're supposed to on your RTL-T.
On my other car (bmw 335i) you could use your key fob to open and close all the windows - but it required some coding. I wonder if it might be a similar case here since by default the windows will go down with the fob. Just need to know the right code to make them all go back up!

· Registered
33 Posts
My RLT-T bought this week will make windows go down with key & remote. All windows stop moving down when the key is turn to center or when the unlock button on remote is released. But closing the windows only works with the key. A trip to dealer for me.
This is exactly how it works. The remote will not raise the windows.

· Registered
124 Posts
Can one remote start the vehicle then lower all the windows? Like when it's 100 degrees outside and 140 inside...

· Registered
33 Posts
Can one remote start the vehicle then lower all the windows? Like when it's 100 degrees outside and 140 inside...
I tried this yesterday. It would not roll down the windows after doing remote start. You'd need to roll down the windows first, and then do remote start.

· Registered
70 Posts
Is there a way to disable the auto window open feature? I sometimes find myself inadvertently opening all my windows when the keys are in my front pocket.

I'm not even sure why this feature exists. Hopefully there is a way to turn it off?

· Registered
638 Posts
...on a related note. Is there a way to have auto down on the rear windows like the front. I've looked at the Acura switch gear and it doesn't have auto down on the rear either. It would be a neat retrofit if it could be done. I suspect it would require modification of the actual switch unfortunately.

· Registered
4,166 Posts
Is there a way to disable the auto window open feature? I sometimes find myself inadvertently opening all my windows when the keys are in my front pocket.

I'm not even sure why this feature exists. Hopefully there is a way to turn it off?
I think the feature is there not only on Ridgeline but other Honda/Acura vehicles as well to allow the windows to open without putting the key/key fob inside turning on accessory position to roll windows down just to vent.

· Registered
4,166 Posts
Honda Pro Jason is always doing the widows remote down tip on his youtube videos.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.