Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this really needed?? Tinted rear windows seem to wipe out the need for this...true? I think I could spend $250 on some better add-ons.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
maybearidge said:
Is this really needed?? Tinted rear windows seem to wipe out the need for this...true? I think I could spend $250 on some better add-ons.
I'd highly recommend this mirror for $20. I love it as it give you full view of the rear window and a little bit of the rear passenger window. Takes a little time to get used to as it's slightly panoramic but after a week or two it feels normal. I took it off after I was used to it to see the diff and I felt like I was looking thru a porthole with the stock mirror. It also has an anti-glare coating so even bright lights at night are not a problem.

PS. get the smaller 13" version else it will interfere with the visors.

PSS. If you get it be sure to tighten it down alot, more than you think else it will vibrate a little bit over bumps. Keep tighting until it does vibrate anymore.

http://www.autobarn.net/20vismir.html

·
Registered
112 Posts
maybearidge,

My RTS has an "old fashioned" rearview with the manual flip for night-time. I have found that "flipping" at night is necessary, even with tinted windows.
"Flipping" versus $250 is your call :p \

I will mention that the rear headrests to create some major blind spots, so get accostomed to utilizing your side mirrors a lot!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Just ordered mine. I have 2 litte ones of my own and the next door neighbor has 5 kids. I need all of the assistance I can get to make backing-up as safe as possible.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I installed the auto dimming mirror that is sold as an accessory for the Ridgeline. I feel this feature is a necessity. You don't realize the advantage of it until you have one. I have one on my other car that also has tinted windows and it does help. The OEM auto dimming mirror does not give you a full view of the rear glass...it does take some getting used to but nothing I can't over come.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
or instead of spending a large amount of cash on this auto-dimming mirror, you can just goto or a nearby honda performance car shop and by a wide mirror that is flat not a curve mirror to go on top of the stock mirror. I've notice that on a curve panoramic rear view mirror gives me a headache. they also have tinted and colored mirrors. Even pep-boys carry those type of mirrors.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have never had one of these mirrors until this vehicle. I think it will end up being one of those things like air conditioning, four wheel drive, etc. that once I have it, I won't want to be without it. The mirror makes nighttime driving in traffic a lot more enjoyable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it wasn't for my built-in compass, I'd be all over a convex rear view mirror. My wife bashed both sides of her rear bumper before I purchased one for her van (Broadway brand, made in Japan) and she LOVES it.

Search for "broadway mirror" on eBay and you'll find tons of 'em. These are the best quality mirrors I've seen to date (not like the ones you find and the local Checkers or Pep Boys).

Aloha,
Keoni

1 - 8 of 8 Posts