Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I find it difficult to see how they make all of those assumptions based on 2 months data...they probably know more than they're letting on but wherever I look while driving, I see either a civic or an accord. The other popular vehicle are dodge trucks--it's like everyone (except Ridgeline owners of course :D ) is taking advantage of Chrysler's incentives.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think most sedan buyer decide on styling, truck buyer decide on function. Honda styling is not the best. I see a lot of young people here driving customized Scion.

Hyundai is fast catching up on Honda. I saw an Hyundai ad for $7999 new car. So, Honda is being hit from the high end and low end. Things will get even more interesting in ten years when Chinese car maker starting selling.

This is one tough market and consumer paradise for car buying.

·
Registered
996 Posts
"Honda's trucks aren't the big problem. While the CR-V and Element SUVs are down for the year, the Pilot SUV and Odyssey minivan are more than offsetting those losses. Honda truck sales are up 4 percent for the first two months of the year."

I hope they are interpreting this data correctly. I take it that the civic and accord styling isn't boring as much as the psyche of the consumer is changing. People want their vehicle to actually do something other than just haul people. The Pilot, Element and Odyssey are both very flexible, and the Ridgeline even more so. People want their vehicle to do many things, not just one thing.

I bought the Ridgeline because it was all things to me. A luxury sedan that seats 5,a truck that will haul plywood, and a 4x4 that will go anywhere. Now I'm holding out for the Toyota FJ for a second vehicle. Why? because the whole interior folds flat sleeping two 6ft people comfortably and a very rugged looking 4x4. I want ultimate flexibility. Cars are boring period. they get you from point A to point B. So what.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cars excite some, bore others. I am a car freak, so taking my drag car down the quarter mile in 10 seconds or so is about as exciting as it gets. But then again, that's me. ;)

BTW, I love my RTL--it hits all the right buttons for me.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think there are many factors at work here...you have to realize that its not just Honda sales that are down...it is pretty even right across the board...as for civic sales...they are set for a remodel and I think everyone is waiting for that...the RL is going to pull those sales up in a hurry...each article you read will be different...this one just happens to be from the US :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts