Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question ! you guys know that we can let our windows up and down by putting the key in the door and also by pressing the unlock button on our key. But will they go up with the lock button on the key ? :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
No. Put the key in the door. Lock it twice and hold. All windows will go up. It's not on the remote for safety reasons. You are more likely to see your kid or pet's head in the window if your standing right there not 50ft away :eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think I would prefer just a notice that windows are down. Like you get for the back window.

I will lock the truck with the windows slightly open and the moonroof tilted when I have my dog in the truck (see above) and I need to get gas or step away for a few seconds. I know you're not supposed to leave a dog alone in a vehicle but how else can you pay for gas when you can't pay at the pump? I wouldn't want her in there with no ventilation.

If you must have this I don't think it would be difficult to rig up. An auto alarm shop would be able to rig that up pretty easily. The windows are on a multiplexed system so it would be a one wire connection. It's finding the connection that requires the skill.

By the way, I believe the power windows have a safety feature that will automatically bring them back down if they hit an obstruction (like you kids hand). This feature can cause some problems with after market window vent covers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not sure why Honda did not include the rear window and sunroof in the auto roll up function too. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I like the way that it works now. I frequently park the truck with the sunroof tilted, the back window open, and all of the windows completely closed. It would be nice if the owner could program how they wanted it to work.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
swishman said:
Question ! you guys know that we can let our windows up and down by putting the key in the door and also by pressing the unlock button on our key. But will they go up with the lock button on the key ? :)
I put in a remote start setup & the place tapped the circuit so that windows can go up and down with the touch of a button:)
The aftermarket remotes are good for a long distance so you need not be close to make them work...
Last night it came in very handy! Sitting inside when it started raining very hard! Sat there stayed dry & zipped the windows up :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
TheRidgester said:
I put in a remote start setup & the place tapped the circuit so that windows can go up and down with the touch of a button:)
The aftermarket remotes are good for a long distance so you need not be close to make them work...
Last night it came in very handy! Sitting inside when it started raining very hard! Sat there stayed dry & zipped the windows up :D

That's cool. I need to find someone around here that can do that.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I volunteer the Honda engineer who designed the all windows do not work together system for putting his head in the window opening and see if it is protected when the window hits him on way up.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
3SuperSports said:
That's cool. I need to find someone around here that can do that.
DJDJ on this site posted info you can bring to any alarm shop! Thanks DJDJ
Quote#
The Ridgeline, like most newer vehicles, uses a Multiplex wiring system. Instead of sending power to control the windows from the drivers door to the other doors, the security system just sends a 'window down' command digitally to the truck's communication bus. This reduces wiring (and therefore weight) and makes it easy for vehicle systems to interoperate, but it does make installation of aftermarket window control systems more difficult than you would think.

One thing that could be done, however, is to simulate rotation of the key in the driver's door lock cylinder. There are two signals that come from this switch... one closes when the cylinder is rotated clockwise, another closes when the cylinder is rotated counterclockwise. It wouldn't be that difficult to have the alarm trick the truck into thinking you are rotating the key to roll the windows up or down. (Press the alarm remote button twice, holding the second time.) Doing this, however, has the down side of causing the doors to unlock when rolling the windows down.

In the door, look for a 3-pin gray harness with Black/Red (Unlock) and Blue/White (Lock) wires. Ground to activate. The other side of this harness has White (Unlock) and White/Red (Lock) wires that go to the power window master switch (23-pin white harness), pins 21 (unlock) and 8 (lock).

·
Registered
146 Posts
BillB said:
I volunteer the Honda engineer who designed the all windows do not work together system for putting his head in the window opening and see if it is protected when the window hits him on way up.
That is too funny. I agree. I add a motion to volunteer the engineer that decided to leave the fog light wires out of the relay/fuse box under the hood. I had a helluva time getting the connecter to seat correctly back in the box. I was running out of cuss words about that engineer. The fog light wires should have been part of the original harness and part the the RTL package.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
TheRidgester said:
DJDJ on this site posted info you can bring to any alarm shop! Thanks DJDJ
Quote#
The Ridgeline, like most newer vehicles, uses a Multiplex wiring system. Instead of sending power to control the windows from the drivers door to the other doors, the security system just sends a 'window down' command digitally to the truck's communication bus. This reduces wiring (and therefore weight) and makes it easy for vehicle systems to interoperate, but it does make installation of aftermarket window control systems more difficult than you would think.

One thing that could be done, however, is to simulate rotation of the key in the driver's door lock cylinder. There are two signals that come from this switch... one closes when the cylinder is rotated clockwise, another closes when the cylinder is rotated counterclockwise. It wouldn't be that difficult to have the alarm trick the truck into thinking you are rotating the key to roll the windows up or down. (Press the alarm remote button twice, holding the second time.) Doing this, however, has the down side of causing the doors to unlock when rolling the windows down.

In the door, look for a 3-pin gray harness with Black/Red (Unlock) and Blue/White (Lock) wires. Ground to activate. The other side of this harness has White (Unlock) and White/Red (Lock) wires that go to the power window master switch (23-pin white harness), pins 21 (unlock) and 8 (lock).

Has anyone heard of any way to accomplish this using only the OEM key fob or an additional remote control in combination with the use of the wiring scheme mentioned by djdj?
If an alarm has been made to "trick the truck", couldn't a module (maybe plugged into the OBD, or inline with the window wiring) be made to do the same?
Would it be a matter of finding/matching the correct RF frequencies of the com bus in the vehicle with a remote?

If a solution hasn't already been found, I'll continue to explore the possibilities, and will report back any pertinent findings.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Pug said:
Did a search and found this thread (among others) about the "windows up" feature that is sometimes included as part of a remote starter or alarm installation.
I'd like to have the "windows up" feature, but don't necessarily want/need either the remote start or additional alarm.

Has anyone heard of any way to accomplish this using only the OEM key fob or an additional remote control in combination with the use of the wiring scheme mentioned by djdj?
If an alarm has been made to "trick the truck", couldn't a module (maybe plugged into the OBD, or inline with the window wiring) be made to do the same?
Would it be a matter of finding/matching the correct RF frequencies of the com bus in the vehicle with a remote?

If a solution hasn't already been found, I'll continue to explore the possibilities, and will report back any pertinent findings.
As far as I know, the only way to get this done is via a after market system/remote.

I think Honda did not put the roll up on the remote because of safety issues....

If you find out how to do this with the stock system, there are a lot of us that would be very excited to have it!

Good Luck!

TL

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 2004 Maxima had the option of using the key fob to put the windows down. Its really not a benefit to roll down all the windows by having to put the key in the door. If your that close just put them in the ignition. Maybe the 07 will have it.:eek:

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Update!!!! Auto windows up and down

Pug said:
I'd like to have the "windows up" feature, but don't necessarily want/need either the remote start or additional alarm.

Well... it's been awhile since this thread was started, and just in case there are subscribers to this thread who are still interested, but haven't seen the "Window mod" thread in the "Group Buy" category... there IS a solution.

Go to the Window mod thread here and read thru it to see if it's the sort of thing you'd like to do. I did. And it's great! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts