Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
From the article:
I whipped out my trusty ruler and found that the Ridgeline stands 70” high and that although the cargo bed measured 6’5”, it can carry a 4’x8’ plywood panel in the box with the tail gate down/open.
Wow! The bed on mine is only 5 feet. How'd he get the extended bed version?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Another great review. This one even had positive comments about the off-road capabilities.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I think he meant with the tailgate down.

Great review and great comparison to Vail, CO.

"The 2006 Honda Ridgeline is like Vail Colorado, upscale, sophisticated, top-notch, yet wild and wonderful...a fine combination for a great place to live and a great new vehicle...thanks Honda."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys...thanks for paying attention to The Auto Channel...we try our best.

Thanks for pointing out my faulty ruler, sometimes I get the big numbers and little dashes mixed up.

As you will see I have corrected my Ridgeline bed measurment error through the magic of html...so sorry.

Using the Ridgeline every day must be a blast...great vehicle.

Please let me know how it holds up for you and if any un-Honda like problems arise.

If you have something to tell our audience send it in the body of an e mail to [email protected], we will publish it.

Thanks for TACH'n
Bob Gordon
www.theautochannel.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It sounds for certain Bob Gordon got the Ridgeline feeling!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Bob,

Thanks for a great review. It really captures what I love about my Ridgeline. This is the most versatile vehicle on the market, and it comes as close to perfect (for my lifestyle) as I can imagine. When I first took it for a test drive, it took me about a minute to know that this is the truck I want, sort of reverse of my Jeep experience, it took me about that much time to know that this is a truck I will not buy no matter what the discount is. With Honda, I got everything I needed from SUV and a truck without compromising anything. I don't need seven seats, and I still get a trunk, I get a comfort (by the way, seats on this truck are ones of the most comfortable if not the most comfortable of any vehicle I had driven, and a driving position for someone my size - 6.1 210 is perfect) and enough off road capability for my needs, I can tow my jetski easy and I can go to the theater in style.

And for all those neyers out there, just test-drive it before you start yapping.

Thanks again Bob,

Ridgepol

·
Registered
311 Posts
I liked this quote from the article, " But there is one problem with this space; if you live in a part of the country where snow is a regular feature of the winter, then the “trunk” will be buried beneath snow and ice for a good part of the year..."

This is something I hadn't even thought about before. Of course I live in a part of the country that never snows, but it made me think about what would happen when I took this to the mountains in winter (I love to snowboard and will definitely be going when the powder's good). I was wondering how you guys and gals in the snow-ridden territories plan on dealing with this? Is this maybe why camper shells are such a popular topic of disccusion here?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think those in the north will realize they only have to get out the broom and pull the snow out --no different than pulling it off your trunk before opening. However, if you don't need to open the trunk the added weight helps in the rear, so leave the snow in! ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My main reason to get the OEM cover. :) Make removing snow like removing from the roof. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great Review of a Great Truck. Thanks Bob
Also another auto web site to explore.

White RTL navi, fog lights, back up camera and roof rack.
Its my handyman dream truck.
www.clayshandymanservice.com Bay area CA

·
Registered
146 Posts
methodtim said:
Wow, we got a reply from the author. Nice! Way to go ROC.
Not to mention that the author put a link back to the ROC at the bottom of the article :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
As to the snow, yeah that is a problem. I haven't been through a full winter yet (although, we had one blizzard in March the day I picked mine up). I have a garage, so it mostly won't be a problem, but when it's been parked at work all day it's gonna have snow. I'll throw a cheap plastic shovel in the back and carry that all winter....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've owned pickups in Vermont and Connecticut all of my adult life (30+ years).

All were GM/Dodge I have to admit. Only put a cap on one and didn't like it.

The snow has never been a problem. Light snow just blows out. For a heavy wet storm you can use a cheap plastic shovel if you need the bed right away. For anything in between, or if you are in a hurry, just leave it there. Unless you are way up north (like our Canadian members) the dark color bed will warm up enough in the sun to melt it sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Very appropriate real world review. I noticed that he did not review rock climbing or telephone pole climbing in his review. I guess that he did not consider those events mainstream enough for most people to care about. I certainly don't care either. Clicking on "Ask an Owner" sends you to the best first hand source of information anywhere and the best owner site on the net. Very nicely done!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts